Collings Forum annual gathering

Started by Danny, November 13, 2016, 02:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I enjoyed being with some very good players and excellent guitars.
         Hill Country Guitars in Dripping Springs,Texas helps with the three to four day event.  My friend and I spent all day with the group Saturday.
         Playing all kinds of guitars,  eating find food and meeting some really nice folks.
         At the end of the day we gathered to play again, I  played two songs and was met with a solid applause. I played my friends new Collings 00. (But I had a Larrivee forum shirt on.)
         Hill Country has Larrivees as well and I played many models.

Sounds like fun. I'd love to do a Collings or Larrivee get-together some time. I just hate traveling.  Would help host one in a heartbeat though!
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Quote from: Danny on November 13, 2016, 02:32:42 PM
        I enjoyed being with some very good players and excellent guitars.
         Hill Country Guitars in Dripping Springs,Texas helps with the three to four day event.  My friend and I spent all day with the group Saturday.
         Playing all kinds of guitars,  eating find food and meeting some really nice folks.
         At the end of the day we gathered to play again, I  played two songs and was met with a solid applause. I played my friends new Collings 00. (But I had a Larrivee forum shirt on.)

Sounds like a very cool event, Danny.

Quote from: Danny on November 13, 2016, 02:32:42 PM

Any standouts among the Larrivees?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

The D-40R and D-40. But I played an all walnut OM-03 more than any guitar in the shop.

It's very nice to have a well stocked Larrivee dealer in these parts. It's been a while since we had a dealer close by. Plus they have a jam there once a month as well.

Quote from: B0WIE on November 13, 2016, 02:51:08 PM
Sounds like fun. I'd love to do a Collings or Larrivee get-together some time. I just hate traveling.  Would help host one in a heartbeat though!
The guys that put on the Collings Forum Gathering, told me it's hard to get the factions within the Collings Forum together. So I guess a lot of members don't come.

So I imagine a Collings / Larrivee forum gathering would be impossible. Even our last Larrivee gathering was eight years ago.
Sometimes we players are independent and like playing solo.

Quote from: Danny on November 14, 2016, 10:33:05 PM
The guys that put on the Collings Forum Gathering, told me it's hard to get the factions within the Collings Forum together. So I guess a lot of members don't come.

So I imagine a Collings / Larrivee forum gathering would be impossible. Even our last Larrivee gathering was eight years ago.
Sometimes we players are independent and like playing solo.
Oh, I meant Collings OR Larrivee, not really both at the same time.  I'm a member of both forums and own both types.
I do imagine it's tough though, esp for Larrivee fans since so many are spread between two countries.  There's fewer Collings owners but it seems a lot of those guys are in the southern US and, if we're honest, many of them have some money to burn on vacations.   :winkin:

Quote from: B0WIE on November 15, 2016, 12:44:25 AM
Oh, I meant Collings OR Larrivee, not really both at the same time.  I'm a member of both forums and own both types.
I do imagine it's tough though, esp for Larrivee fans since so many are spread between two countries.  There's fewer Collings owners but it seems a lot of those guys are in the southern US and, if we're honest, many of them have some money to burn on vacations.   :winkin:
I read it wrong,  sorry.  Where are you located?

Quote from: Danny on November 15, 2016, 10:29:02 AM
     I read it wrong,  sorry.  Where are you located?
Arizona. Lots of guitar players out here but people just aren't all that social.  The only groups I've actually seen get together from forums I visit are car groups.

I saw a pic on Instagram where the forum folks did a tour of the factory.  Bet that was a fun time. I've been once. Ended up with a Collings mandolin out of the deal!

Quote from: Caleb on November 16, 2016, 08:58:09 AM
I saw a pic on Instagram where the forum folks did a tour of the factory.  Bet that was a fun time. I've been once. Ended up with a Collings mandolin out of the deal!
I have a Collins's man do too.  Danny was even able to photograph some of the build for me.  Ironically, I met Danny in person because of a Collings and not a Larrivee.  Well, partially a Larrivee, because he came to Oxnard to pick up his guitar.