Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Winwood Acoustic "Can't find my way..."  (Read 2131 times)
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 04:28:46 PM »

I hear nothing much that isn't retreads of what has gone before. Some of it good but much of it mundane. I see a lot of the new groups actually. Jools Holland's show is great for that. I watched Austin City Limits last night. A great REM concert (one of the last great bands) and they were followed by The National and Band of Horses (two of the top new alt rock bands) ...  
So I had to watch a video of "It's the End of the World" thanks to you bringing up REM...I've always really liked that song and always will.

Larrivee LV-03RE
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Gibson Nouveau NV-12
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »

I hate when that happens.  crying
    It's somewhat like having a melody and lyrics come out. But you didn't write the words down.  rolleye

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 04:31:10 PM »

I just wrote a really long post and lost it on my smarter than me phone. Oh well.
Whatever it was Danny, I'll bet it was good!  

Larrivee LV-03RE
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Gibson Nouveau NV-12
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2016, 09:00:28 PM »

It's somewhat like having a melody and lyrics come out. But you didn't write the words down.  rolleye

I've made up so many great songs while out walking the dogs that totally got lost by the time I got home, I can't even begin to tell ya!   
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »

I've made up so many great songs while out walking the dogs that totally got lost by the time I got home, I can't even begin to tell ya!   
   I have ran into Joe Ely around the Austin area a few times. One time we talked about writing songs and he said he always has a note pad or paper and pen. Then he writes down all kinds of notes and full verses etc.
    Then he will pull them all out while working on a song, and draw from all the stuff he jotted down. I've heard of other songwriters doing the same.
    Now when I have some words to a song I stop, find a pen and paper and write it down.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 09:28:27 PM »

I have ran into Joe Ely around the Austin area a few times. One time we talked about writing songs and he said he always has a note pad or paper and pen. Then he writes down all kinds of notes and full verses etc.
    Then he will pull them all out while working on a song, and draw from all the stuff he jotted down. I've heard of other songwriters doing the same.
    Now when I have some words to a song I stop, find a pen and paper and write it down.

Oh yeah, I have about a zillion notebooks, loose pages, scraps of paper with verses, a chorus, often one or two lines. I keep thinking I need a small portable battery operated recorder to catch these things that come when I can't write them down. Besides that captures the tune, as well.

Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 11:23:36 PM »

Oh yeah, I have about a zillion notebooks, loose pages, scraps of paper with verses, a chorus, often one or two lines. I keep thinking I need a small portable battery operated recorder to catch these things that come when I can't write them down. Besides that captures the tune, as well.

According to his addled memory, Keef woke up in a stupor one night with the riff for satisfaction going thru his brain.  He recorded it on a portable recorder and forgot about it.  One day he hit play, and voila.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: