Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Video from Collings.  (Read 812 times)
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaWt59q0DLc&feature=em-subs_digest

I'm always amazed at what these folks are doing.  Thought some of you might enjoy the video.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »

Awesome, I might have to make a trip to Austin...

George
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »

I took the tour back in 2010.  Ended up getting a Collings mandolin a few years later. 
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:41 AM »

Pretty impressive sounding guitar (the OM model).  Interesting how one company brings out a "legacy" or "traditional" or whatever you want to call it and suddenly all the competitors come up with some similar heritage-inspired model or series of guitars.  It's like they are saying "even though we've evolved over the last 50 to 60 years to make better guitars, we are bowing  to the fact that they got it right a half-century ago" so here is your ultimate guitar.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »

Collings - building better Martins for 40 years! Money quote? "They want a guitar sounding guitar."  Next best? "I'm not sure what this is modeled after." Really? 
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 01:54:11 PM »

I have been content with my Larrivee D-03BW for a long time, and rarely do I ever even look at other guitars.  But I wouldn't mind having something built by Collings or Huss & Dalton.   To me these are pretty much the ultimate acoustic guitars.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 08:29:52 PM »

Played a few tho none I liked better than this tho 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »

Pretty impressive sounding guitar (the OM model).  Interesting how one company brings out a "legacy" or "traditional" or whatever you want to call it and suddenly all the competitors come up with some similar heritage-inspired model or series of guitars.  It's like they are saying "even though we've evolved over the last 50 to 60 years to make better guitars, we are bowing  to the fact that they got it right a half-century ago" so here is your ultimate guitar.

FWIW, it's not really like that with Collings.  Bill's main bracing style and build philosophy is strong and one of the best (if not the best) among production guitars. A unique tone that's definitely not a copycat sound. Their traditional series, just like their Waterloo, is just an alternative.  Definitely not something that's going to upstage the standard Collings line.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: