Friends & Family Factory Event 2016

Started by J M Larrivée, October 18, 2016, 01:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi Folks,

We are planning now for our annual Friends & Family factory sales event which is looking like Thanksgiving weekend this year. As usual, the event will have great deals on demonstration models, old stock, blems, and cancelled customs.  Last year there were many Forum members discussing the possibility of some kind of Forum get-together in Oxnard. Both for having a celebration and a chance to have first crack, or last crack if your event timeline is better following Thanksgiving.... either way. I am opening a discussion on the viability and interest in such a Forum event. I would need an organizer to manage your event. I myself will be extremely busy with the F&F event alone however, I am more than happy to help facilitate anything you come up with. The shop is at your disposal and I know the area well for accommodations and eating. My brother is a great resource as well. Hopefully 6 weeks notice is ample time to sort something tangible out. I will monitor this post and stay up to speed with your discussions in the meantime.

It would be great if someone takes over from here. Get a date and a roll call.

I will make a formal F&F announcement here and on social media early November.

Many thanks for everyone's support. Past, present and future.

john jr

Thanks John, I hope it happens, even though I won't be attending.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Maybe we could give Steve a blank check?
George

Quote from: georbro3 on October 18, 2016, 03:19:26 PM
Maybe we could give Steve a blank check?

I have offered to "host" you all a number of times, and each time you guys said you could not make it.  Still. all in all, I would be glad to help out.

Quote from: Walkerman on October 18, 2016, 04:17:07 PM
I have offered to "host" you all a number of times, and each time you guys said you could not make it.  Still. all in all, I would be glad to help out.
This is a bad time for me but I sure would like to see Steve's collection in person almost as much as a tour of the facility. One of these years!!!  :crying:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Sounds like a dream show to attend!
1975 Larrivee L style
2006 Larrivee OM-03 MQ
1967 Ovation Josh White signature, 12 fret, shiny bowl
yamaha fg450sa
washburn mg-70
line6 variax 300
Parker pm20 quilted bubinga
epi Thunderbird IV bass

I'll also have to send regrets and wishes that I could be there.  :cheers

The level of communication that built up to the Vancouver trip by forum members was huge and inspiring. The Forum III, seventeen members, plus a few more from Van City made it pretty special.
        Even the trip to the donut and sandwich shops were part of the event.

If others are going to be there,  I'll change my plans and come. My mom is in the last days of her life though and I thought about another trip to see her.

But both could be possible.

Thanks for the invite John, it sounds like a good time, if some of us can swing it.

I'd love to go but for a few things,I don't fly and Oxnard is a long drive,I have no money but I do have a gig....
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I'm also glad this is happening, but can't make it this time...my daughter & her family (husband and daughter) are coming home from Japan for Thanksgiving.

It would be nice if we could actually plan something 6 months out (versus 6 weeks) in the future - that would make it more likely that some of us could clear our schedules and get there (for those of us who are still working). I would love to see what gear is available - I'm betting there might even be an eligible lefty or three.

Hope to hear how this all goes.

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

The holidays are definitely the toughest time to plan a forum get-together.  Even with the time and money available, it's hard to sandwich another thing into an already busy schedule. Spring is really the best time to visit CA, IMO.  Hopefully, we can plan something like that one of these years and it would be easy for me to make an excuse to do it because I could take the wife by Disneyland on the way back home.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Same old same old.  Great idea, no one can come.

Quote from: Walkerman on October 19, 2016, 08:10:49 AM
Same old same old.  Great idea, no one can come.

We WANT to come, and appreciate the Larrivee family's thoughtfulness and hospitality.  But Bowie is right - sandwiching something else in around one of the major holidays is near impossible - and six weeks notice isn't enough time (sorry - I know it sounds like an echo in here - but just reiterating that point for those planning these events...).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Is there any chance that pictures can be posted of the demonstration models, old stock, blems, and cancelled customs?

Well, if any members can get out here, I would be happy to show you around.... schedule allowing, of course.

Quote from: Walkerman on October 27, 2016, 06:06:57 PM
Well, if any members can get out here, I would be happy to show you around.... schedule allowing, of course.
I'm still looking at a way to make it.

Partially due to this possibility of happening, I just made plans to be in the Ventura/Oxnard area on Monday, November 23.  I know that is earlier in the week, but count me in if it works out.  I will visit the factory if nothing else, but would love to see any available seconds/B/customs, etc...   :bgrin:

Quote from: LawDogStrgsAttach on November 01, 2016, 04:04:07 PM
Partially due to this possibility of happening, I just made plans to be in the Ventura/Oxnard area on Monday, November 23.  I know that is earlier in the week, but count me in if it works out.  I will visit the factory if nothing else, but would love to see any available seconds/B/customs, etc...   :bgrin:

I believe Monday is November 21st....  jury duty summons...
George

Quote from: LawDogStrgsAttach on November 01, 2016, 04:04:07 PM

23rd is wed.  24th is T'Giving Thursday.  I will be out the 25th, but 23,26,27 I can host, do local pickups from hotels etc and get folks to and from the shop.