Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artist You Got Tired Of For One Reason or Another  (Read 3954 times)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 07:24:14 AM »

Abba.  Boney M.  Fleetwood Mac - Rumors.  reason: played them to the saturation point when I was in my early twenties.  Don't mind listening to them once in a while today.

Any RAP group or artist after about 3 or 4 minutes.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »

Abba.  Boney M.  Fleetwood Mac - Rumors.  reason: played them to the saturation point when I was in my early twenties.  Don't mind listening to them once in a while today.

Any RAP group or artist after about 3 or 4 minutes.
You know what they say.  Take the C out of CRAP and you have RAP. 
harekar

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 10:24:55 AM »

I'm really tired of all new rock-bands. They make similar music for girls and silly people. They play rock music like it is pop-music. Bands like Maroon5, for example, are very popular but I think that these bands defame the name of the real rock-music!

Always play your music from your heart. Because only after that people will feel your emotions and you will be honest with these people!
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »

I feel the same about Neil Young.  Still pouting that all his political hippie dreams never came true.  I think he's even written a couple books about it too.  While guys like him and Earle get the faithful all fired up like preaching to the already converted, they manage to alienate a whole segment of would-be listeners.  But when you think your own opinion is that damn important, that's what you do.

Well said, Caleb. Plus, Young and many others (like Springsteen) are total hypocrites; they've become rich on the backs of the "little guys" (their fans) through pure capitalism, and yet they act like this same capitalism (and private land ownership, gun ownership, other freedoms) is evil and is someone else's fault. Pathetic.

Back to the main question, along with Young, I've grown weary of Jackson Browne's chronic depression in his songs (and his political rants like those already mentioned).  Yes, he's been through some hard times - haven't we all?

I'd also have to say, I love Tommy Emmanuel; he's incredibly, unbelievably talented, but after about 4-5 songs at 120 mph or bpm, I need a break! I got this way with some of Leo Kottke's stuff back in the day. Never had that problem with Chet or Doyle Dykes or some other fingerstyle players...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 02:25:24 AM »

these are just a few
U2, the Eagles,Boston, Heart,
all for the same reason, not their fault
they just play the same hits on the radio all the time
they all have great b side songs that never get played
a shame
Dave
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »

Just to drag up an old thread - I heard "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobies yesterday, and it reminded my how much I despised what Michael McDonald did to the Doobie Brothers style...  mad

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Hooked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »

Took my son to see Roger Waters in Tampa a couple of weeks ago. I've never gotten tired of Pink FLoyd - but the political spew during the concert irritated me. I didn't pay good money to listen to a rich Brits opinions on the evils of America. Regardless of my stance on any of the issues.

BUT - otherwise great show. the girls on Great Gig in the Sky.... shivers!

Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2017, 12:29:13 AM »

Took my son to see Roger Waters in Tampa a couple of weeks ago. I've never gotten tired of Pink FLoyd - but the political spew during the concert irritated me. I didn't pay good money to listen to a rich Brits opinions on the evils of America. Regardless of my stance on any of the issues.

BUT - otherwise great show. the girls on Great Gig in the Sky.... shivers!

Heh. Reminds me of listening to Brit Billy Bragg harangue an audience of Canadians over an American president.
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 07:57:26 PM »

Springsteen, Young, Drive By Truckers, and quite a few other insufferable D-bags that can't shut up and play. I've really enjoyed Jason Isbell's last couple of releases, but; he is rapidly heading into the same insufferable D-bag territory.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 08:45:09 PM »

Heh. Reminds me of listening to Brit Billy Bragg harangue an audience of Canadians over an American president.

Duck, Old Fred Eaglesmith does not hold back on the political rhetoric either.  He talks almost as much as he sings.   
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2017, 08:46:03 PM »

Springsteen, Young, Drive By Truckers, and quite a few other insufferable D-bags that can't shut up and play. I've really enjoyed Jason Isbell's last couple of releases, but; he is rapidly heading into the same insufferable D-bag territory.

Well, I wouldn't go that far and like you really enjoyed Jason Isbell's solo work but the new one with The 400 Unit is not to my liking at all. Why would you call all these guys a bag of donuts, by the way?      
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »

Duck, Old Fred Eaglesmith does not hold back on the political rhetoric either.  He talks almost as much as he sings.  

Um yes and no. As far as I can tell, he doesn't really espouse any political view other than despising postmodern progressives with no sense of humor which I find hard to disagree with. I've never heard him either tout or attack an individual politician or party, however. As I've said, I don't mind politics just partisan politics. You'd never see Fred doing this for instance.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: