Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP ME someone I need info on a taylor 510ce  (Read 973 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2016, 12:32:56 AM »

Did they make this in maple?Are all*10's dreads.NEED INFO ASAP........HELP ME.....

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
mlejeune67

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 12:46:05 AM »

As far as I know *10 are dreadnoughts.  I think the 500 series are mahogany.  I believe 610 would be a maple dreadnought.  Hope this helps.

Larrivee L-03R
Martin D-16GT
Norman B-15
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 12:46:54 AM »

Thank you so much.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:49:03 AM »

It's made difficult by the fact that things have changed over the years.

At one time, 5xx was mahogany, 6xx was maple, 7xx was EIR, 8xx was "presentation grade" EIR.  4xx was satin finish, and pinless bridge, mostly mahogany, but "lower grade" koa, maple, and rosewood were included.  Over the years that has radically changed with those designations not necessarily being the same.  Plus, there are added (and redesigned) body sizes.

I guess the point is, it depends on what year the guitar is when deciphering the model you're looking at.

To address the question, a 510ce should be a mahogany (5xx), dreadnaught (x1x), 6 string (xx0), cutaway (xxxcx), electric (xxxxe)...  unless I quit paying attention.

Ed
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:15:31 AM »

It's made difficult by the fact that things have changed over the years.

At one time, 5xx was mahogany, 6xx was maple, 7xx was EIR, 8xx was "presentation grade" EIR.  4xx was satin finish, and pinless bridge, mostly mahogany, but "lower grade" koa, maple, and rosewood were included.  Over the years that has radically changed with those designations not necessarily being the same.  Plus, there are added (and redesigned) body sizes.

I guess the point is, it depends on what year the guitar is when deciphering the model you're looking at.

To address the question, a 510ce should be a mahogany (5xx), dreadnaught (x1x), 6 string (xx0), cutaway (xxxcx), electric (xxxxe)...  unless I quit paying attention.

Ed
The reference I am looking at right now confirms what you said, Ed.  (The official Vintage Guitar magazine Price Guide 2015 edition).

Rob, just curious why you need this info so urgently?  For a client or?

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »

I have a friend who is looking at a used 510ce that for sale and he was told that the back and side's are maple.The price is under 13 its from '99.He has a 40 year old Alvarez dread that I keep alive but now he's looking for a cutaway and pre installed electronic's.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
johnrr

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 04:20:39 AM »

You probably heard that 1995-1999 was the Golden Era for Taylor. Some of the best sounding Taylors, better than the new ones.
The 514 [Grand Auditorium] size has been the winner rather than the 510 [Dreadnaught] model. Connoisseurs prefer the non-electrified model as Expression 1 was a lousy pickup,
since replaced by Expression 2.  If I was buying it I would replace the pickup if I was serious about amplified sound.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »

You probably heard that 1995-1999 was the Golden Era for Taylor. Some of the best sounding Taylors, better than the new ones.
The 514 [Grand Auditorium] size has been the winner rather than the 510 [Dreadnaught] model. Connoisseurs prefer the non-electrified model as Expression 1 was a lousy pickup,
since replaced by Expression 2.  If I was buying it I would replace the pickup if I was serious about amplified sound.

I have not liked any of the Expression pickup systems.  My biggest regret was ever selling my 1999 K22 koa, it was the best Taylor I ever picked up and was built the last year before the new bolt on neck join system...  some lucky guy in AZ has it now...

George
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »

Well he bought it for around a grand.The one thing is it has one of those 6 ind. saddle each being a pu run into a Fishman barndoor pre.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: