Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoa! John Hiatt Plays An L-09  (Read 1987 times)
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2005, 12:55:49 PM »

I just saw a great concert on Friday, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Guy Clark, and Joe Ely. This was a great show, it was just the four of them on stage, just jamming, and occassionally backing each other up. They rocked (or would 'they folked' be more correct?). I believe John Hiatt was playing an L-09, or maybe an LS-09. Either way, he was awesome. I couldn't tell what Joe Ely was playing, but from where I was sitting, it appeared to have a shiny border on the headstock, so hey, he could've been playing one as well. His would have been a sunburst D-09 maple? More likely it was another guitar manufacturer though.

I think their still touring together, and if you want a really good acoustic evening you should check them out.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 03:02:37 PM »

Thanks for the warning. I caught Hiatt and Sonny Landreth last year in concert. It was great.
Did you know that John Prine is on the road with Leon Redbone? Another good road show...
--Fred
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 03:09:19 PM »

Non of these act EVER make it to Tallahassee.I'd love to see Hiatt,Prine and Redbone I'm a BIG fan of all three.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
jimi thing

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 03:25:50 PM »

i wish i was there.....
John Hiatt is one of my favs!!
He never seems to pop by Vancouver, but makes it to the Edmonton Folk Festival quite a bit......

i guess that means i have to fly to Edmonchuck in the summer.......
hope i get to see him soon!

1993 - Larrivee D-60 Rosewood w/ Bband A1 / ust
a good way to start my Larrivee collection!

Celebrate we will Because life is short but sweet for certain
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 03:37:55 PM »

I forgot to add that I saw Prine during a trip back to Wyoming and he had Todd Snyder opening for him. You might want to check out Snyder if you haven't.
Fred
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 07:07:13 PM »

Unclrob,

I just sent you a mail. Actually you luck dog, they are in Talahassee this Friday at the University. Check you r mail for a link to tour info.

FYI,
Albert
laughingskunk

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 11:58:27 PM »

Sounds like a great show. They came to town recently but was spending some quality time with the Mrs. Skunk. Seen John Hiatt a few times(opened up for Hootie and the Blowfish) including once at a smaller theatre in Detroit. Incredible songwriter "Have a Little Faith In Me, Lipstick sunset, Perfectly Good Guitar, Slow Turning" and so many more. Great balads as well as uptempo numbers. Saw Lyle Lovett once, what a great show, talk about a tight backupband. Just starting to get into Guy Clark through Jimmy Buffett(Boats To Build)  

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 12:35:44 AM »

Sounds like a great show. They came to town recently but was spending some quality time with the Mrs. Skunk.
Ahhh man, That stinks!  afro  

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi
GTR Florentine Special
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 01:47:24 AM »

I tried to go but they were sold out. :(  angry  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 08:42:42 PM »

I just saw a great concert on Friday, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Guy Clark, and Joe Ely. This was a great show, it was just the four of them on stage, just jamming, and occassionally backing each other up. They rocked (or would 'they folked' be more correct?). I believe John Hiatt was playing an L-09, or maybe an LS-09. Either way, he was awesome. I couldn't tell what Joe Ely was playing, but from where I was sitting, it appeared to have a shiny border on the headstock, so hey, he could've been playing one as well. His would have been a sunburst D-09 maple? More likely it was another guitar manufacturer though.

I think their still touring together, and if you want a really good acoustic evening you should check them out.

Andy
I just saw a great concert on Friday, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Guy Clark, and Joe Ely.

By the date on your message, it looks like you were at the Friday show in Princeton. I was at the Thursday show and it was also very good.

Jim
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 12:36:29 PM »

Hiatt usually plays Gibsons, and is on record as saying he likes the shorter scale and chunky sound.  But he has been photographed with a number of different brands, including a Yamaha acoustic.

E. Shoaf
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 03:10:11 PM »

Jim,

We saw the show in Morristown, had we known he had two dates in Princeton we would have gone there. The Mercarta theatre is much a better venue (read that as more leg room). I guess you're in Jersey also? Where abouts? I'm down in Somerset.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
honkytone

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 06:25:25 PM »

Hmm, Hiatt's playing a J-200 (or is it 185 with fancy pickguard) here.  Hard to say about the others.
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 07:20:19 PM »

that's a different one than he played that night, but hey, If I can own 5 guitars, I'm sure he can also. Hadn't thought to bring my camera.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 07:57:02 PM »

Okay, did some searching on the web, maybe he was playing an OM-10, here is a link to him playing one... http://www.thejohnhiattarchives.com/pictur...20030823/05.jpg

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
rustychicken

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 08:31:43 PM »

that's a Larrivee jumbo.

jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 03:05:11 PM »

Jim,

We saw the show in Morristown, had we known he had two dates in Princeton we would have gone there. The Mercarta theatre is much a better venue (read that as more leg room). I guess you're in Jersey also? Where abouts? I'm down in Somerset.

Andy
Andy,

They were in Princeton on the Thursday and Friday nights. Friday sold out before I heard about the show, so my wife and I ended up going on Thursday.

I live over in Bucks County, Pa., so the drive to the mcCarter at Princeton is about 20 minutes for us. It's a really nice theater. It was the first time we'd ever been there.

Jim
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 09:24:34 PM »

Jim,

It looks like he is touring with his band, they are scheduled to play Ellis Island in June. Maybe he'll make it to the Tin Angel or one of the other clubs in Philly.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2005, 02:57:49 AM »

Jim,

It looks like he is touring with his band, they are scheduled to play Ellis Island in June. Maybe he'll make it to the Tin Angel or one of the other clubs in Philly.

Andy
I am going to keep my eyes open. Not sure how big a tour Hiatt will have. he just had back surgery.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: