How Often And When?

Started by Johnny M, February 21, 2005, 10:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteI practice for anywhere from 5 to 10 hours
a day.

I used to have the time to do that before I got married, bought a house, had a baby...etc.  Todd, practice all you can now, it's gets harder and harder to find the time as you get older.  

I used to work in a music store that did almost no business and stayed open because it had lots of students.  I used to sit there and play all day, then I'd go home and play and practice some more, then there was weekends.  Those were the days.  Now, I'm lucky if I can find 1 hour a day, usually between 9-10 pm and even then, I'm usually so tired, I'm falling asleep  

I will hopefully have more time as the years go by and the little one(s) get older.
It will get better. Suggestion, don't stop finding time. I did that 20 years ago, sold my guitar when wifey and I had first baby (actually she did, I watched, being thankful it wasn't me), kind of regret not making time for myself and guitar. Later in life, my oldest is 19yo, I realized that I didn't have to stop playing, and it's OK to take time for yourself.
;)  
Joe
D-03
L-03

Whoops...wrong quote. Meant the above for Denis.
Joe
D-03
L-03

QuoteI practice for anywhere from 5 to 10 hours
a day.

I used to have the time to do that before I got married, bought a house, had a baby...etc.  Todd, practice all you can now, it's gets harder and harder to find the time as you get older.  

I used to work in a music store that did almost no business and stayed open because it had lots of students.  I used to sit there and play all day, then I'd go home and play and practice some more, then there was weekends.  Those were the days.  Now, I'm lucky if I can find 1 hour a day, usually between 9-10 pm and even then, I'm usually so tired, I'm falling asleep  

I will hopefully have more time as the years go by and the little one(s) get older.
It will get better. Suggestion, don't stop finding time. I did that 20 years ago, sold my guitar when wifey and I had first baby (actually she did, I watched, being thankful it wasn't me), kind of regret not making time for myself and guitar. Later in life, my oldest is 19yo, I realized that I didn't have to stop playing, and it's OK to take time for yourself.
;)
I won't be selling any guitars any time soon, I know that much.  I know it will it will get easier to find the time as the little one(s) get older.  I try to play every day just to keep limber.  I've even learned a couple of new tunes of late so I must be doing something right.  I want to start gigging again one day and recording as well. That will come eventually as well.  

By the way, I'm pretty happy I didn't have to "have" the baby as well.  Whew!!

:lol:  

An old apocryphal story.

Jascha Heifitz played a recital for a small group. Afterwards a matron commented to him. "Mr. Heifitz, I would give my life to be able to play the violin as you do!"

He replied, "Madam, I have given just that!"

If it ain't true, it oughta be!  
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

QuoteAn old apocryphal story.

Jascha Heifitz played a recital for a small group. Afterwards a matron commented to him. "Mr. Heifitz, I would give my life to be able to play the violin as you do!"

He replied, "Madam, I have given just that!"

If it ain't true, it oughta be!
So true  B)  
05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab

There ya go!
:D  
Joe
D-03
L-03