New, to me, Taylor

Started by prof_stack, August 15, 2016, 02:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yesterday a group of former HS students of mine (math with some soccer coaching), all nearing 60 years of age (!), at a class reunion, presented me with a guitar in thanks for what they said was my inspiration to them many years ago.  Wow, like wow!

This is my first Taylor, although I've played a bunch, and it's really articulate, and the action with medium strings is very easy.  Gloss spruce top, satin sides/back of "layered" rosewood.  Model #214-ce.

It's my first cutaway, and it's great being able to play up there among the jazz guitarists.  With capo at mid fretboard, the intonation is still great.  It appears to be a well-made guitar.  Sweet sound, too.

Play it daily for best results.

DANG!!!!!You were one heck of a teacher....CONGRATS..... :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

:+1:    A very nice honor to be recognized by your former students.....   :thumbsup

Very cool, I've had a few Taylors. Nice guitars, but lacking the Larrivee oomph! Still that's a sweet deal from your friends, enjoy!

:+1:       You do good...you get good.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: bobw on August 15, 2016, 04:57:36 PM
:+1:    A very nice honor to be recognized by your former students.....   :thumbsup

Yes indeed.  I bet many of them have followed your example and passed it on to others as well.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I've been playing the gift Taylor 214-ce two or three times a day, and find myself doing some new creative stuff.  It strums great and with finger-picks it has good note separation. 

The layered rosewood (veneer-poplar-veneer I think I read on their website) is not as complex sounding as a solid wood, but still gives a nice growl, without hanging around too long, like solid rosewood can do.   :nana_guitar

Playing the Forum IV guitar, it once again gives me great appreciation for how great a guitar the OO-03MT is.

This weekend will find me at a class of '76 reunion, their 40th.  I guess I am getting old.

But, the new year of prep and teaching starts Monday, my 42nd in the business.  Gonna do it as long as I enjoy it, and keep socking $ away each month for "retirement" (whatever that is).   :laughin:
Play it daily for best results.

Congrats on all fronts! I just got a new Taylor 412e-R. I needed something easy on these old hands. Doesn't have the oomph of Pete. Still, it sounds great plugged in and it is well-made and fun to play.

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R