The Cactus Blossoms

Started by Caleb, June 11, 2016, 09:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I recently found this wonderful duo out of the Minneapolis area.  They're sort of rockabilly/old country/vintage rock n roll - some of the best harmonies I've ever heard.  I've not been able to stop listening to their record. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPW-cPfkd4E

Very good duo, sounds a lot like the Everly Brothers which were my favorites in my childhood...
George

Quote from: georbro3 on June 13, 2016, 06:14:23 AM
Very good duo, sounds a lot like the Everly Brothers which were my favorites in my childhood...

A lot? They sound exactly like the Everly Brothers.  :)  

Oh and that's a good thing.

Video not available in the UK. Shame.  :crying:
Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele

Quote from: Parlor Picker on June 13, 2016, 08:53:19 AM
Video not available in the UK. Shame.  :crying:
They're all over YouTube. 

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 13, 2016, 08:07:01 AM
A lot? They sound exactly like the Everly Brothers.  :)  

Oh and that's a good thing.

Definitely not bad Thomas, I still play their tunes... just cannot duplicate that awesome harmony!
George

Quote from: georbro3 on June 13, 2016, 06:54:20 PM
Definitely not bad Thomas, I still play their tunes... just cannot duplicate that awesome harmony!

It ain't easy to lock in like that. Either a natural meeting of voices or the result of hours of hard work ... or both.

These guys are brothers, which explains the harmony.  The entire record is great.  Best new music I've heard in years. 

Side note: I also love the Everlys.

Just purchased their album on ITunes, just could not resist... And I like to see talented youngsters succeed!
George

Quote from: georbro3 on June 14, 2016, 10:33:30 AM
Just purchased their album on ITunes, just could not resist... And I like to see talented youngsters succeed!
That is awesome.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the record?  What are some of your favorite songs?  I'm partial to "Mississippi" and "Powder Blue" most of all, but they are all great. 

Pretty good tune. I like the tasteful use of the tremolo on the guitars.