Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sure is lonesome at the top  (Read 1415 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2016, 12:08:39 AM »

I'm in rehearsals for a couple important shows coming up.

For the past couple days, at my home studio, I've been trying to decide which Larrivee electric to take.
 i thought I had it narrowed down to the eighties LS-2, which is simply a real gem to play.
 but then I picked up the newer RS-4 with ML Gen 3 pups, and once again fell over at it's absolute perfection in build, feel and tonal response.

I'm just heading back with the RS4 P90 gold top bigsby for a final decision, but really?

I'll now take 2 electrics and two acoustics, which is a bit troublesome to manage.
The acoustics are always the OM-60 TSB and the old C-09 BZ.

In the meantime I had a quick look at the Larrivee website, and to my chagrin, electric guitars are NOWHERE to be found.

For those of us who are lucky enough to have one, or a couple, we are blessed with owning undoubtedly some of the best electric guitars ever assembled.

I can only offer up a deep and solid heart felt thank-you to Matthew and all his hard work and dedication he put into the RS4 project.

For those of you who do NOT have one, GET ONE!

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 02:31:36 AM »

Good advice Kevin. I may try electrics some day. In the meantime, keep those guitars close while your out.  cop

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »

I'm in rehearsals for a couple important shows coming up.

For the past couple days, at my home studio, I've been trying to decide which Larrivee electric to take.
 i thought I had it narrowed down to the eighties LS-2, which is simply a real gem to play.
 but then I picked up the newer RS-4 with ML Gen 3 pups, and once again fell over at it's absolute perfection in build, feel and tonal response.

I'm just heading back with the RS4 P90 gold top bigsby for a final decision, but really?

I'll now take 2 electrics and two acoustics, which is a bit troublesome to manage.
The acoustics are always the OM-60 TSB and the old C-09 BZ.

In the meantime I had a quick look at the Larrivee website, and to my chagrin, electric guitars are NOWHERE to be found.

For those of us who are lucky enough to have one, or a couple, we are blessed with owning undoubtedly some of the best electric guitars ever assembled.

I can only offer up a deep and solid heart felt thank-you to Matthew and all his hard work and dedication he put into the RS4 project.

or two or three...

George
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 09:15:35 PM »

+1

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 03:49:07 AM »

I'd go with the LS2 and the RS4 goldtop.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 01:37:44 PM »

I went with the RS4 Goldtop/p90/bigsby, and the C-09 BZ, for the gig last night.

The guest artist, a very fine accomplished musician himself, had a C-10 many years ago, but had never played (or seen) the electrics.

As a Les Paul player, he was VERY impressed with the gold top.
 Played it brilliantly, and after the show; was in awe at the detail and high workmanship, in particular the recessed vol/tone controls, inlay work, and of course the tone.....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »

I love my amber burst RS-4. Best electric guitar I've ever owned and near the best I've ever played.  +1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: