Nick Lashley ???

Started by Admin, June 10, 2003, 11:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elbody

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw the Alanis Morisette Concert a while back and the giutae player was playing a L series Larrivee Guitar...WOW......WHat a sound of CLARITY and PROJECTION..

Anybody see Larrivee at work yet besides Brad Paisely,Pete Anderson and such???

Peace!!!  

zselby

-----------------------------------------------------------------------What is a 6 series Larrivee? I was only aware of 01, 02, 03, ,04, 04, 09, 10, 50, 60, 72.  

Matthew Larrivee

There is actually many different Larrivee Series - Only a few are used today though.. Here are the ones used today:

-01 Mahogany w/ No Binding
-03 Mahogany w/ White Fibre Binding
-05 Mahogany w/ Maple Binding & Ab rosette & Pearl Logo
-09 Rosewood w/ Maple Binding & Ab rosette & Pearl Logo
-10 Rosewood w/ Rosewood Binding & Ab rosette & Pearl Logo, & Ab Bound Top
-19 California Series Guitars
-72 Presentation Series - Fully Loaded with Cheese Lettuce and mayo.

In the past we have used the following series:

-01 Same as Above
-02 Mahogany or Sapele
-03 Same as Above
-05 Same as Above
-07 Similar to todays L-04 model, made in early 80's with rosewood and white plastic binding
-09 Same as Above but in the past had no silver border and rosewood binding
-10 Same as Above In the past this had a stock headstock inlay (Usually a seahorse, eagle or griffin) w/ Silver Border.
-19 Different specs than today - Was a cross between the -09 and -10 (Couldn't very well call it a -09.5). It had aheadstock inlay (Usually a seahorse, eagle or griffin) w/ out a Silver Border.
-25 is identical to the 19 series if I remember correctly (It's before my time)
-42 is an L-19 in a 12 String
-45 is an L-10 in a 12 String
-72 Is an "L-Body" presentation
-75 is an "L-Body presentation w/ a Florentine cutaway
-78 is an "L-Body" presentation in a 12 string.

Elbody

I could be mistaken....Right there is no such thing as 06 series...It looks like an OM model of a 07-09 Series..But then again im not sure yet...

Peace!!  

Elbody

I could be mistaken....Right there is no such thing as 06 series...It looks like an OM model of a 07-09 Series..But then again im not sure yet...

Peace!!  

zselby

Matthew,

Thanks for the info. We really appreciate your contribution to this forum. Especially with it being so young. What about the 04 series, and the large sound hole models?  

Greg Z

My favorite folk artists both happen to own Larrivees, Richard Shindell has a 00-09, and John Gorka has an L-09 (maybe both 6 & 12, not sure).

Greg Z  

Greg Z

John Gorka does have both 6 & 12 string Larrivees, but I meant to say L-10s. Here is a site with some video clips, the only song he is not playing a Larrivee on is "Paradise Once." I hope it's ok to post this, it is a noncommercial site. ...Larrivees in action:

surf.to/johngorka

Greg Z  

Matthew Larrivee

You are absolutely right zselby! I forgot to mention those.

The -04 is only made for international customers (Not USA or Canada) and is not on our regular price list anymore.. However there are still a few floating around production that pop out every now and then that US and Canadian customers buy..

The -50, -60, and -70 series are large soundhole models generally with a headstock inlay of a Tiger, Horse, or Eagle.. There were only 281 of these models built and I still hear about them every couple of days so they seem to have an immense following! Gotta like that!

Matthew  

Elbody

Matt!!!! Hi Roddie here? Say? What's the GENESIS of the LV-03E. I've never heard so much reviews about them. Fellas??? This is gotta be one of Larrivee's BEST KEPT SECRET. I just love the way it resonates the sound projected. I went as much as timing it with a stop watch, as to how long the resonance and vibrations lasted and guess WHAT???? Strummed an E chord clocked it? lasted 38 sec. Did the same thing with a D chord?.....Same if not more....What a beast i tell you.

Say how can i go abouts getting a replacement p/g for my LV-03E....I'm getting/catching the material black piling from the case top to a state of sticking in/on the right/lower side of the p/g. I tried cleaning it and the things beginning to peel just by trying to removed the hairy piles.

Thanks and have a prosperous Holiday and for the years to come.

Peace!!!  

gospelRon

I saw a couple of the large soundhole models on the Buffalo Brothers web site a few weeks past.I can only drool at the thought of what they must sound like.Man,I gotta get me one of those OM models before I have a cow!Talk about sweet music!

slackkeyer

Ron,
I got a used OM-50 with cedar and the large soundhole from Buffalo a few months back and I love it! Sounds a little boomy when playing it, but listening to someone else play it I can't hear that boominess! It is LOUD though.
I wonder why Buffalo Bros get so many? maybe just their volume in SoCal?

Ross  

zselby

I didn't realize until Matthew said it that so few of these were made. It seems strange to me that they were targeted towards the bluegrass market, but they seem to mostly have cedar tops.

Ross - I was tempted to order your guitar when Buffalo Bros. had it. That thing looked really nice.  

Elbody

Bluegrass is very big also up here. Larrivee catered to the masses here from the first few years of production.Wide variety  

Harvy Reid....Taylors and Larrivee. His cd Guitar Voyages is nice.
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.