Widows 10..................rant

Started by unclrob, May 24, 2016, 02:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I saw it and took it as a little witty take on Windows.  :thumb

After 3 weeks my better half had enough and back to 7.....
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Parlor Picker on May 25, 2016, 09:50:33 AM
Every so often the "Shut down" feature does not respond and I have to turn off manually with the switch on my PC. Judging by comments on the internet, many people have the same problem, as do a number of my friends, so I don't know why they haven't fixed it yet.

When this happens, Right click the mouse on the Windows start icon (in the far lower left corner of the screen) and a full windows menu with shutdown options will pop up, at least you won't have to use the switch to manually shut it off...
George

Quote from: georbro3 on June 13, 2016, 06:02:06 AM
When this happens, Right click the mouse on the Windows start icon (in the far lower left corner of the screen) and a full windows menu with shutdown options will pop up, at least you won't have to use the switch to manually shut it off...

Yep - sometimes that works, but not always! At the weekend neither a left nor right click on the "Shut down" button elicted any response, so I turned it off at the switch on the machine again. It had been behaving for a week or two, so wondered it they'd fixed it, but apparently not. There have been many complaints about this on the internet, so it's about time Microsoft sorted it out.
Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele

I'm not having nearly as much trouble with W10 as I am with the new Dell laptop it came loaded on. Wow...talk about poor customer service :yak:. Defective right out of the box and all I get are repeated run-arounds and assurances it can be fixed over the phone, and in the absolute poorest excuse for the English language I've ever heard. All I want at this point is my money back and a different brand of computer! :crying:
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

I've been using W10 for 12 months now. Yes it can be a pain. Slight diff. to W8 which was my previous.