Haiduk - Demonicon [metal]

Started by haiduk, May 23, 2016, 04:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I didn't mean to cause discord amongst members.  It just kind of snowballed and I felt I had to make my point.  Sorry about that.

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: ducktrapper on May 29, 2016, 07:15:24 AM
Don't get me wrong, while I personally disapprove of fooling around with demonic images and all, I'm on Zappa's side not Tipper Gore's. I still mostly just find it silly and childish. 

Agree with you - and just for clarification, I didn't and don't care about the merits of his music (including the "spiritual" or "demonic" elements) - I just thought it was inappropriate to promote himself here if it had nothing to do with Larrivee (maybe he used Larrivee picks? but he never mentioned them, either...).

Oh well, onward and upward...

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on June 01, 2016, 12:17:36 AM
Agree with you - and just for clarification, I didn't and don't care about the merits of his music (including the "spiritual" or "demonic" elements) - I just thought it was inappropriate to promote himself here if it had nothing to do with Larrivee (maybe he used Larrivee picks? but he never mentioned them, either...).

Oh well, onward and upward...

Yes. Onward and upward.  Moving on is a good thing to do.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Great comments here. I wish I could visit more often, but dammit I'm a busy guitar player. I don't play a Larrivee guitars but I've messed around with a few at music stores.

Ducktrapper is right that there's enough evil in the world already, no need to add more. However, it's important to distinguish between "evil" as an artform / art-style, VS actual evil. In the OP I did say that this entire thing is inspired by fantasy. It is escapist. There are many who find dark/macabre themes appealing without wanting to actually do evil in the world (as I'm sure you already know). In fact, many people get their aggression out through things like metal and horror movies which is good, it means they have an outlet for it. Metal fans are some of the more relaxed people you'll meet.

I love hearing feedback about my music by people who don't normally listen to this genre and just give an honest opinion. So thanks for checking it out.

I don't consider myself a spammer, just a hard-working musician spreading his tunes. Glad the mods here are tolerant.

Metalheads check out!

Haiduk - "Nergion"

\m/

Quote from: haiduk on March 02, 2018, 08:44:01 PM
Great comments here.
I love hearing feedback about my music by people who don't normally listen to this genre and just give an honest opinion. So thanks for checking it out.
Haiduk - "Nergion"
:cheers
Sounds a lot like Duck on caffeine. I kinda like it. I didn't realize this guy is a one man band.
He needs an old RS-4 and he would fit right in here.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on May 28, 2016, 11:33:18 PM
I guess I was never under the impression that you had to own a Larrivee or play one to be a participant in our forum.  We have often touted ourselves as being more accepting of folks than some of the other guitar forums, including not being such "brand snobs" as some of them are reported to be.  After all, we do have purposely-created forum topics on other brands, artists, technical discussion, and non-guitar discussion.

You are correct, we don't have to read his posts, etc.  And he likely won't be back.  Probably because he got a poor reception.  So in that respect, he has been successfully rejected.   :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee

I think it was a self promoting pile of spam.  It had nothing to do with Larrivees, and I would bet dollars to donuts he made identical posts on many guitar sites.

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 02, 2018, 10:32:03 PM
Sounds a lot like Duck on caffeine. I kinda like it. I didn't realize this guy is a one man band.
He needs an old RS-4 and he would fit right in here.
Mike

I'm already on extremely high doses of caffeine!  :beer

Here's my one man band/metal song. RS-4!  

https://www.reverbnation.com/thomaslee4/song/23606998-crime-of-life

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 04, 2018, 11:50:09 AM
Here's my one man band/metal song. RS-4! 
Most awesome.
I played it backwards at double speed and I clearly heard Paul is dead.
Very demonic.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on March 04, 2018, 01:49:57 PM
Most awesome.
I played it backwards at double speed and I clearly heard Paul is dead.
Very demonic.
Mike

Well, if not dead, not feeling that well.   :cheers

Quote from: ducktrapper on March 04, 2018, 02:20:52 PM
Well, if not dead, not feeling that well.   :cheers

I thought it was much better than the other guys was.  And you Are Playing a Larrivee!   :thumb
George

Quote from: George on March 04, 2018, 02:42:52 PM
I thought it was much better than the other guys was.  And you Are Playing a Larrivee!   :thumb

Yes, it's my RS-4 multitracked. Thanks. 

Quote from: haiduk on March 02, 2018, 08:44:01 PM

Metalheads check out!

Haiduk - "Nergion"

Back after almost two years absence?

And this sounds like the stuff my sons were playing in my basement when they were 15...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Well, it's not my cuppa tea but I understand the need for acceptance and to have others hear your music, not matter what the genre.   No harm being done except probably to the hearing of the OP.

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 06, 2018, 05:58:20 PM
Well, it's not my cuppa tea but I understand the need for acceptance and to have others hear your music, not matter what the genre.   No harm being done except probably to the hearing of the OP.

I sure took the opportunity. Just slipped it right in there. Maybe a little harm done. Three minutes you'll never get back!  :tongue:

Damn. I love people with strong opinions on music! And strong opinions in general.

Look. Death metal. You either get it or you don't. If you think it's crap, it's because you probably don't get it. Too fast, too distorted, too hard for your ears and brain to keep up. It's extremely hard for someone who listens to clean guitars, normal tempos, simple arrangements and 4/4 time sigs to suddenly be able to fully COMPREHEND the complexity and pace of death metal (at least for most people). Start with heavy metal, progress to thrash metal, then progress to death metal.

The new album by HAIDUK

Diabolica [2021]

Swarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9rWWZi7l0

I say, listen to everything with an open mind and 100% focus (not as background music).

Quote from: haiduk on January 10, 2022, 07:54:03 PM
f you think it's crap, it's because you probably don't get it. Too fast, too distorted, too hard for your ears and brain to keep up. It's extremely hard for someone who listens to clean guitars, normal tempos, simple arrangements and 4/4 time sigs to suddenly be able to fully COMPREHEND the complexity and pace of death metal (at least for most people).
I like it. A regular easy paced tune, sort of like a baby's lullaby. Please post more.
Mike

With all due respect, I think now you're just trolling and pleasuring yourself. It is not at all the inability to understand your complexity that prevents someone from liking your songs. Tastes do differ, after all. Coming on a site that is mostly populated by acoustic players and hoping to get positive feedback for "death metal" seems very odd and self defeating to me. Know your audience.  :beer

Quote from: haiduk on April 29, 2023, 11:18:56 AMSea of Fire
This guy has kept his thread going for 7 years, and after a number of examples of his work, I am impressed by the tenacity of it. I look forward to the next offering somewhere down the road.
Mike