Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haiduk - Demonicon [metal]  (Read 5295 times)
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »

If he broke a forum rule by advertising his album and including a link to it, then the admins. could have and should have stopped it, but they didn't.  

Just for general information purposes:    On May 24, one day after the original post, I sent a PM  to Haiduk.    I informed him that it appeared as though he had not read the forum rules and as a result he had posted a thread where the only obvious purpose was to promote and sell his music.    I offered to apologize if I was mistaken in this perception but i would need to see some evidence to the contrary.  He responded that he intended to be a regular contributor to the forum.    I decided to give him a few days to demonstrate his willingness to read and abide by the rules.   As of today I have seen no evidence that would make me think this is anything more than self-promotion.   I don't care about the merits of the music itself.   But the post clearly violates the letter and spirit of our rules.  So I have removed the links to the site where you can buy his music.    Members are still free to contact him for information if they are interested in hearing or purchasing his music.

T
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 05:45:27 AM »

I didn't mean to cause discord amongst members.  It just kind of snowballed and I felt I had to make my point.  Sorry about that.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 05:17:36 AM »

Don't get me wrong, while I personally disapprove of fooling around with demonic images and all, I'm on Zappa's side not Tipper Gore's. I still mostly just find it silly and childish. 

Agree with you - and just for clarification, I didn't and don't care about the merits of his music (including the "spiritual" or "demonic" elements) - I just thought it was inappropriate to promote himself here if it had nothing to do with Larrivee (maybe he used Larrivee picks? but he never mentioned them, either...).

Oh well, onward and upward...

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 06:38:35 AM »

Agree with you - and just for clarification, I didn't and don't care about the merits of his music (including the "spiritual" or "demonic" elements) - I just thought it was inappropriate to promote himself here if it had nothing to do with Larrivee (maybe he used Larrivee picks? but he never mentioned them, either...).

Oh well, onward and upward...

Yes. Onward and upward.  Moving on is a good thing to do.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

haiduk

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2018, 02:44:01 AM »

Great comments here. I wish I could visit more often, but dammit I'm a busy guitar player. I don't play a Larrivee guitars but I've messed around with a few at music stores.

Ducktrapper is right that there's enough evil in the world already, no need to add more. However, it's important to distinguish between "evil" as an artform / art-style, VS actual evil. In the OP I did say that this entire thing is inspired by fantasy. It is escapist. There are many who find dark/macabre themes appealing without wanting to actually do evil in the world (as I'm sure you already know). In fact, many people get their aggression out through things like metal and horror movies which is good, it means they have an outlet for it. Metal fans are some of the more relaxed people you'll meet.

I love hearing feedback about my music by people who don't normally listen to this genre and just give an honest opinion. So thanks for checking it out.

I don't consider myself a spammer, just a hard-working musician spreading his tunes. Glad the mods here are tolerant.

Metalheads check out!

Haiduk - "Nergion"

\m/

-Haiduk
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 04:32:03 AM »

Great comments here.
I love hearing feedback about my music by people who don't normally listen to this genre and just give an honest opinion. So thanks for checking it out.
Haiduk - "Nergion"

Sounds a lot like Duck on caffeine. I kinda like it. I didn't realize this guy is a one man band.
He needs an old RS-4 and he would fit right in here.
Mike
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »

I guess I was never under the impression that you had to own a Larrivee or play one to be a participant in our forum.  We have often touted ourselves as being more accepting of folks than some of the other guitar forums, including not being such "brand snobs" as some of them are reported to be.  After all, we do have purposely-created forum topics on other brands, artists, technical discussion, and non-guitar discussion.

You are correct, we don't have to read his posts, etc.  And he likely won't be back.  Probably because he got a poor reception.  So in that respect, he has been successfully rejected.   

I think it was a self promoting pile of spam.  It had nothing to do with Larrivees, and I would bet dollars to donuts he made identical posts on many guitar sites.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »

Sounds a lot like Duck on caffeine. I kinda like it. I didn't realize this guy is a one man band.
He needs an old RS-4 and he would fit right in here.
Mike

I'm already on extremely high doses of caffeine!  

Here's my one man band/metal song. RS-4!  

https://www.reverbnation.com/thomaslee4/song/23606998-crime-of-life
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2018, 07:49:57 PM »

Here's my one man band/metal song. RS-4! 

Most awesome.
I played it backwards at double speed and I clearly heard Paul is dead.
Very demonic.
Mike
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »

Most awesome.
I played it backwards at double speed and I clearly heard Paul is dead.
Very demonic.
Mike

Well, if not dead, not feeling that well.   
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »

Well, if not dead, not feeling that well.   

I thought it was much better than the other guys was.  And you Are Playing a Larrivee!   

George
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »

I thought it was much better than the other guys was.  And you Are Playing a Larrivee!   

Yes, it's my RS-4 multitracked. Thanks. 
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 09:59:12 PM »

Metalheads check out!

Haiduk - "Nergion"

Back after almost two years absence?

And this sounds like the stuff my sons were playing in my basement when they were 15...

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2018, 11:58:20 PM »

Well, it's not my cuppa tea but I understand the need for acceptance and to have others hear your music, not matter what the genre.   No harm being done except probably to the hearing of the OP.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 01:05:37 AM »

Well, it's not my cuppa tea but I understand the need for acceptance and to have others hear your music, not matter what the genre.   No harm being done except probably to the hearing of the OP.

I sure took the opportunity. Just slipped it right in there. Maybe a little harm done. Three minutes you'll never get back! 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: