Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Out Where The Weird Flowers Grow  (Read 990 times)
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:41:42 PM »

A nice finger style piece by my buddy Junior:

https://www.reverbnation.com/juniorwilson/song/19698973-out-where-weird-flowers-grow
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:45:19 PM »

Nice. Someone's been listening to Kottke.   
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:52:55 PM »

Yeah, good stuff. Thanks Jonathan, , you and family ok?

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »

It's likely more of a confluence of influences than Junior listening to Kottke. Juniors been something of a prodigy on stringed instruments, in our area, since the late 50's, early 60's. He started on banjo at a very early age. His parents owned a few music stores, in the area, in the 60's-70's and he always hung around with the best players in the area, from the age of a very small child. He plays violin, pedal steel, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, mandolin, bass guitar, and banjo at a virtuoso level. He also plays a bit of organ and piano. Despite being one of  the very best players in our state, he is an awful humble and nice fellow.
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »

Yeah, good stuff. Thanks Jonathan, , you and family ok?

Ken, things are pretty good with the family. My boy will be four at the end of June and he is wearing my old man bones out! I'm trying to get back into a regular habit of picking some guitar, but it is sporadic with the little man demanding so much attention. I wouldn't change a thing though, as hearing DAD all day sure has become something of a wonder for me!
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 05:42:54 AM »

Ken, things are pretty good with the family. My boy will be four at the end of June and he is wearing my old man bones out! I'm trying to get back into a regular habit of picking some guitar, but it is sporadic with the little man demanding so much attention. I wouldn't change a thing though, as hearing DAD all day sure has become something of a wonder for me!

He's asking lots of questions at this stage, I bet?  You gotta be his mentor.  That's your number one job right now.  Thanks for posting the music.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »

It's likely more of a confluence of influences than Junior listening to Kottke. Juniors been something of a prodigy on stringed instruments, in our area, since the late 50's, early 60's. He started on banjo at a very early age. His parents owned a few music stores, in the area, in the 60's-70's and he always hung around with the best players in the area, from the age of a very small child. He plays violin, pedal steel, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, mandolin, bass guitar, and banjo at a virtuoso level. He also plays a bit of organ and piano. Despite being one of  the very best players in our state, he is an awful humble and nice fellow.

Aside from the style, the title is very Kottke-ish or likely John Fahey-ish to be exact, so I take it back.   
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »

Aside from the style, the title is very Kottke-ish or likely John Fahey-ish to be exact, so I take it back.   

Duck, Junior has a wry sense of humor. The CD this tune is off of is called Lost Near Mayberry.   
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »

He's asking lots of questions at this stage, I bet?  You gotta be his mentor.  That's your number one job right now.  Thanks for posting the music.

Kurt

Kurt, the boy talks non-stop. He is forever asking questions, so, my wife and I frequently find ourselves saying "I don't know, lets google it!" He is through his Pre-School curriculum and about 3/4 the way through a Kindergarten curriculum. I really enjoy seeing the world through his eyes. It makes me a bit less cynical.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: