Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this metal insert on this bridgeplate?  (Read 1057 times)
jpmist

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »

I saw this on a Larrivee Parlor on eBay and was curious what it was.

There appears to be some kind of metal insert adjacent to the pegs where one might ramp the bridgeplate. I've circled a blurry one in blue, but a clearer one is right next to it and they seem to be on all six pegholes. Never seen that before.

Anybody know what those are?

I found the whole listing the whole listing to be one of the most entertaining I've seen in a while. Methinks Mr lakehaus has too much time and money on his hands but who am I to judge 

Larrivee OO-05
Larrivee OOV-03 MT SB
Taylor 322ce
Recording King ROS-16
Various Strats

Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 04:02:58 PM »

I have no idea what they are.I'd like the meds he on.The price is way out there.I will say that years ago I had an Alvarez i my shop once with one of those no bridge things where the bridge pin went into a piece of ebony flush mounted the the pin hole's were starting to dig in too much and the had brass from bullets mounted in the hole's to keep it from cutting in any more.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 04:35:52 PM »

I have no idea what they are.I'd like the meds he on.The price is way out there.I will say that years ago I had an Alvarez i my shop once with one of those no bridge things where the bridge pin went into a piece of ebony flush mounted the the pin hole's were starting to dig in too much and the had brass from bullets mounted in the hole's to keep it from cutting in any more.

Thanks but dang, I was hoping you'd know. It looks like some machine formed metal bits that insert into a preshaped ramp somehow. I'm wondering if maybe Stew-Mac has 'em for $89 or something (plus $14 shipping, of course). I have a few shallow break angles of my own I'm tempted to tweak is why it interests me.

Being a newbie retiree I kinda get where he's coming from, tweaking guitars like it was a '66 Mustang. Apparently he has the time and money to indulge in putting a black finish on a beautiful koa top then gloss spaying it while adding his own personal fleur de lise on the headstock. Yikes. Parlors have never appealed to me but I'd give him 20¢ on the $.

Larrivee OO-05
Larrivee OOV-03 MT SB
Taylor 322ce
Recording King ROS-16
Various Strats

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »

Have you emailed him about what it is?

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 06:25:56 PM »

Just now, let you know if he replies. . .

Larrivee OO-05
Larrivee OOV-03 MT SB
Taylor 322ce
Recording King ROS-16
Various Strats

jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 10:02:27 PM »

I heard back and apparently he didn't know what the heck I was referring to as he gave me a thumbnail description of what ramping is. So I took a closer look and to my embarrassment it appears that what I was looking at was 1) the shadow under the wide part of the peg and 2) the shadow of the string groove of the peg poking out above the saddle. I take some small comfort in that I'm not alone in seeing it, maybe we're on the same meds. If it wasn't for that white highlight on one of the shadows I might not have created the thing in my mind.

whistling

Larrivee OO-05
Larrivee OOV-03 MT SB
Taylor 322ce
Recording King ROS-16
Various Strats

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: