Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SIT strings.  (Read 1048 times)
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:15:36 AM »

I stopped at the SIT booth at a recent guitar show and got some strings. The rep sold them to me for $5 a set (guess that was a show deal). I put some mediums on my Larrivee dread and they are the nicest strings I've ever used.  I remember seeing the ads in the magazines a long time ago but never tried them till now.  Recommended!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 03:20:31 AM »

When they first came out I called the s*it strings,sounds like there getting better.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
skyline

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 02:52:52 AM »

They certainly have an interesting list of endorsements . . .

and with promo images like these, who could resist?
skyline

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 03:55:26 AM »

Sorry - got carried away there. Those promo images kind of reminded me of the Worst Album Covers web pages

they are the nicest strings I've ever used

Is it their tone, or how well they stay in tune, or . . . am I just accelerating myself ever more quickly toward my first "Ignored by "#" User(s)"?
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 12:52:58 PM »

Those ads are pretty bad.  I don't know anything about the company and have no feelings one way or another about them.  The strings don't seem to stay in tune any better than anything else I've used, but the tone and feel is better. The way they react to touch seems different, producing a more complex tone and reaction. Hard to explain, but complex is the best way I can think of.  They are also heavier than reg mediums, which I like.  They almost feel like baling wire.  I keep my guitar tuned down a whole step though, so the feel is still good, but the extra tension beefs up the sound.  Most folks here probably use lights, and I did buy a set of those for my Takamine and they are good too.  Try a set.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 06:07:08 PM »

Keeping them in tune was the major problem I had with them since SIT stood for Stay In Tune.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: