Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P-05 with black tuners (circa 2008)  (Read 3483 times)
mags

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I'll put the guitar into my local guitar tech for a general clean up and string change and see what he says.  I'll provide him with all the info here because, as I said earlier, not too many Larvae guitars in Scotland so I don't know what his experience of them will be.  If I need any more info, I'll post. Thanks guys - you're all amazingly generous with your information. x
webberink

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 01:28:07 AM »

Gotoh sg360 tuners are a direct drop in replacement tuner for the mini pings on the P03.  See this thread. http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=42801.msg385444#msg385444

Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
mags

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »

Thanks for the info Dave.  Much appreciated. Will let you all know the outcome once guitar comes back from the Tech.
mags

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »

Hi All, Well my P-05 was put into the guitar tech who cleaned the fretboard, tidied up the frets that were a little worn and put on Newtone Masterclass Mediums.  He checked the tuners and black tuning knobs, which had been my main point of concern as guitar was dropping out of tune and they were given a clean bill of health.  The final outcome is that I have a P-05 that looks like new for half price and it plays like an absolute dream.  It absolutely surpasses anything I expected of it and I think my Taylor GS mini will be up for sale soon as it is not going to be played while I can lift my Larrivee P-05 instead.  Guys, thank you so much for all your advice and assistance with my questions.  You've been amazing.  I'll no doubt be back in touch when I get my next Larrivee..........x 
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »

Well done. When I walk past my Parlor I just have to pick it up and play a few notes. When I go to a music festival,l I often take it because I like to play it every day.  Parlors are very addictive.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »

Let us know if the tuning problem went away with the new strings.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
mags

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:32 PM »

5 days on and the tuning is still holding fine.  Excellent. Thanks guys.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: