Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Older Schaller Parts?  (Read 798 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:42:17 PM »

I am in need of either a Schaller non trem roller bridge for an eighties Larrivee electric, or several of the saddle adjusting screws.
 Just tossing it out there to see if anybody can help.

I did send a note to Schaller in Germany and they very kindly sent me a dozen of the adjustment screws, with a wrench, and a warning that production had changed over the years so they might not fit, which in fact was true, they didn't.
 so I am still looking.

yes, of course I could go and buy a new bridge, but I'm a bit of a purist, and would rather not if i can keep the original bridge on the guitar.
Thanks for any advice or help folks.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »

This appears to be the same offset saddle bridge that was standard on the Strat elite for a while.  I actually have one of those (non-roller saddles) in mint condition that I was planning to use on a project that just never seems to make any progress.  These are pretty scarce these days.  Another option would be to replace the saddles with Graph Tech String Saver saddles designed for the Strat Elite Offset, I just sold my last set of those, but they are still available elsewhere...

George
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »

The strat elete has "F" branded on it, not sure if it's Schaller. The roller (side to side) is another great Schaller inovation, allowing for perfect spacing. The new schaller is avaialable, just looking for a Vintage one, or the set screws if available anywhere.
keep me posted on yours if it will work etc.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 02:27:08 AM »

Can't you just get the set screws at a hardware store?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 11:47:53 AM »

I have purchased stainless steel allen set screws for saddles from these folks before.  You need to know size, thread pitch and length...

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Socket-Set-Screw-Cup-Point-s/656.htm

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: