Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon & Patrick S&P 6 Cedar  (Read 963 times)
Codycoat

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2016, 04:15:34 PM »

My Larrivee LV-09 was actually my third guitar. I was given my first guitar, a Denver, (which is not a terrible guitar for a newbie) as a gift last August.

Since I travel back and forth to Nova Scotia a lot, I decided to get a second guitar I could leave there to avoid any travel damage. I picked out a used Simon & Patrick S&P 6 Cedar and my family bought it for me for xmas. I did a ton of research to see what was good in the $300-500 range and I had a preference for something made in Canada. I am so new to the guitar world... I worried a lot about buying something damaged or crappy. Wouldn't be too hard to pull the wool over my eyes at this point. But the guy selling it seemed decent so I took a chance and I am so glad I did. I loved it right from the first play!

The guy threw in a case, stand, tuner, capo, strap, picks and a small humidifier so I am basically set up with everything I need when I go back. And I don't need to worry about carrying anything on my flights.

I promised I would be able to play some "campfire" songs by the summer but I have a very small repertoire in that genre at this point - Wagon Wheel (Matt Anderson version  bigrin), Can't You See (Minglewood version  ) and a few Skydiggers tunes. Open to suggestions for any Youtube videos that might give me some strumming patterns I could rehash for numerous songs.

Anyway, my two cents is I am very happy with my guitar "stable" at this point and happy that both second hand guitars have turned out so well.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »

Congrats on finding another guitar that makes you smile. The S&P's have a pretty good reputation - certainly come from a solid company (aren't they part of Godin?).

nice guitar

BTW - your second pic (of the front of the guitar) is wacky on my computer when I click on it (to enlarge it). Just a heads up...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »

The market for guitars under $500, so-called "entry level" guitars is flooded with all sorts of possibilities.   The S&P should serve you well.   It sounds like you are on your way to enjoying an adventure that will last you for years to come.    Welcome to our forum  there are a lot of beginners, long-time backyard strummers, and some professionals here.   Make yourself at home.

T the P
Codycoat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »

Ooh, not sure what's going on with the picture...I tried re-attaching. 

Yes, they are part of Godin family - Seagull, Norman, Art & Lutherie etc.. I will be curious to listen for differences in the cedar top this summer now that I have played a little more on spruce.

I hope to learn a lot from the forum. It's great to look back on old posts - answers a lot of questions. I wish I started playing 20 years ago. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:16:24 AM »

Congrats on your guitar!
Nice to see Matt's name here ( Minglewood) although that's not his real name.
Played a few shows with him, back in the day in NS.
The more you play, the more you wanna play, the then it's just a way of life....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Codycoat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »

Hi Headsup. I am a huge fan of Mr. Batherson. I've never played with him, haha but I did wear his hat onstage on my 18th birthday. 

Super impressed that you have played with him. His band is always stellar and have knocked my socks off on many occasions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: