Martin 000-18

Started by fongie, April 08, 2016, 03:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just received my new 000-18........money well spent.

Super light, responsive, loud with 1/4" scalloped bracing giving it that extra umph. The neck profile is just wonderfully done and feels great. Very happy.

:+1:    NGD's are the best...   enjoy her...   :guitar .....  Bob

Everyone needs at least one Martin :)

Hey thanks guys. Yes I am enjoying this git very much. Tah

That's great, fongie!  I played a few Martins this weekend and thought I should sell something and make it happen.  Congratulations on your new guitar.  You know we love pictures here...

Quote from: ryler on April 13, 2016, 06:26:12 PM
That's great, fongie!  I played a few Martins this weekend and thought I should sell something and make it happen.  Congratulations on your new guitar.  You know we love pictures here...

Thanks Ryler........I'm enjoying this one very much, Martin done a great job. I got one more and I'm done........OM-18. That's if Martin decide to build one.

Which Martin's did you try if you don't mind me asking? The new 00 and 000 17's are fantastic also, all built with "Simple Dovetail" neck joint. But this 000-18 is money well spent.

Should you decide to purchase a Martin, let me know and I can help you to pick one. OK?

Enjoy and play it in good health.

Trinity has a used 000-18 on their website with a hold on it. I'm not sure why someone would want to sell one after they played it because the new ones generally don't last long.

Quote from: teh on April 16, 2016, 08:18:38 PM
Enjoy and play it in good health.

Trinity has a used 000-18 on their website with a hold on it. I'm not sure why someone would want to sell one after they played it because the new ones generally don't last long.

Thanks teh.........maybe the MLO neck is not for him. Some say it hurts their hands after a few hours of playing. I'm glad I have no such problem.

Quote from: fongie on April 16, 2016, 03:55:59 PM
Thanks Ryler........I'm enjoying this one very much, Martin done a great job. I got one more and I'm done........OM-18. That's if Martin decide to build one.

Which Martin's did you try if you don't mind me asking? The new 00 and 000 17's are fantastic also, all built with "Simple Dovetail" neck joint. But this 000-18 is money well spent.

Should you decide to purchase a Martin, let me know and I can help you to pick one. OK?

fongie, I played an OMJM, a 000-28EC, a 000-28 and a 000-15M.  They had no -17's in stock, but I'll now be curious about them.  Of the bunch, I favored the cheapest, the 000-15M.  I was very surprised because my bias was against the -15 series from models I played at another store.  The two signature series guitars were of course nice, but didn't make me long for them.  I went back and forth between the 000-28 standard series and the -15M, and if I had been buying that day, price notwithstanding, it's what I would have bought.  It was rich and warm.  Thanks for the offer to help in a purchase.  I hope to need your services someday!

Quote from: ryler on April 17, 2016, 05:23:54 PM
fongie, I played an OMJM, a 000-28EC, a 000-28 and a 000-15M.  They had no -17's in stock, but I'll now be curious about them.  Of the bunch, I favored the cheapest, the 000-15M.  I was very surprised because my bias was against the -15 series from models I played at another store.  The two signature series guitars were of course nice, but didn't make me long for them.  I went back and forth between the 000-28 standard series and the -15M, and if I had been buying that day, price notwithstanding, it's what I would have bought.  It was rich and warm.  Thanks for the offer to help in a purchase.  I hope to need your services someday!

The 000-15 is a wonderful git. Actually all the 15 series are very good and very affordable. I have the 000-17SM which is Sitka over hog (Sepo) and slot head. Wonderful and affordable too.

Well you certainly played some nice Martin's. I had a OMJM, the older model which had the "Mortise Tenon" neck joint. The newer model has the "Simple Dovetail" neck joint. I love the Engelmann Spruce top but the 1 11/16" nut didn't agree with me. So I sold it to my brother.

The 28EC and the 28 I have not played but have heard many good things about them. I have played the new OM-28, wonderful guitar. I do own a OM-28V, just awesome in everyway for a small body.