Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wedding In The Works"  (Read 1125 times)
markj

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2016, 07:58:58 PM »

My good buddy Trent has been playing piano his entire life. He is an accomplished classical pianist and also writes his own compositions.

Over the years (many many years) we have talked about collaborating on some music ideas and I have always seriously wanted to pursue this to the point where we would end up in a real studio and producing an entire album.

Last Wednesday after bowling, Trent brought over a MicroSD card from his Zoom H6. He gave me two recordings of new ideas he is working on.

You would think that one that is so accomplished with classical music and composition would know what key he was playing in. lol  Not Trent! He is also one hell of a blues and jazz improvisor too.

I always struggled trying to pick out the chords, scales, progressions etc with anything we tried in the past. Because of that, we never did produce anything.

Until today...

I started "writing" the guitar part late last night. What is different this time?  A new, free iOS App called Chord Tracker from Yamaha. After getting his recordings into my iTunes and syncing the iPhone, the app analyzes the track and provides a real time chord chart for you!  WOW!  This is going to help us tremendously moving forward.

Trent wrote this piece for his youngest daughter's wedding where he played it as a solo piano piece in the church.

We also struggle naming pieces. So I just called it "Wedding In The Works" .  whistling

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.pcsincnet.com/TrentMark1.mp3
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:58:33 PM »

Very nice piece!  Good work by you and your buddy Mark.

George
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:28:13 PM »

Great Job Mark....  glad you two could work it all out....   +1    Bob
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »

+1

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
WileE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 03:59:59 PM »

Nice! And, thanks for the information about the Chord Tracker app. That will provide hours of entertainment!

Larrivee 00-40R
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »

+1

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
markj

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 03:33:24 AM »

Thanks everyone! We will be working on this one. I am writing the bass and percussion parts now. We are going to have a "studio session" soon to go over some new ideas and to practice it together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: