Doug Young Pickup demos page

Started by eded, April 01, 2016, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This came up in another thread, and it was suggested it was reposted as it's own.  It's been posted before, but it's been so long that some new users might find it interesting.  Heh, it had been so long since I had been to the page, the whole interface has changed!  I'm sure several new pickups are there also.  It's possible to listen to samples of a bunch of pickups and mics.

http://www.dougyoungguitar.com/pickuptests/

Enjoy!

Ed

Very cool, I listened to about 80% of the samples. Hard to pick out a single one that sounded superior to all the others, most seemed acceptable to me. 
Disclaimer-- I was listening through my notebook speakers. I was really just listening to differences between pickup and ref mic, nothing matched the ref mic but some were close.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

A great set of recordings!

Thank you for re-posting the link.

It's so helpful to have various versions of the pickups and simultaneous recording from good microphines.

Definitely worth listening to with both good speakers and good headphones.

kip

Quote from: eded on April 01, 2016, 11:50:16 AM
This came up in another thread, and it was suggested it was reposted as it's own.  It's been posted before, but it's been so long that some new users might find it interesting.  Heh, it had been so long since I had been to the page, the whole interface has changed!  I'm sure several new pickups are there also.  It's possible to listen to samples of a bunch of pickups and mics.

http://www.dougyoungguitar.com/pickuptests/

Enjoy!

Ed

Thanks for re-posting this Ed. I'm thinking I was wrong, maybe the entire membership of the forum already knew about this resouce after all. I really expected more commentary.

Does everyone just listen through bluemushtooth now? Or do some folks still use those old amp/speaker thingys from last century?   :wink:

I listen on my old-fashioned tower computer through a set of Altec Lansing "multimedia" speakers.  I've had these for at least a decade.  2 small (3"?) full-range speakers for left and right, and a powered subwoofer.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar