Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Size of guitar and strings  (Read 836 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »

Do you use different strings depending upon the size of the guitar you are using? 
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 11:25:13 AM »

Not different gauge strings, I use light strings on all of them.  That said, I will change brand and materials depending on the size and tonal qualities of a guitar.  It just depends on what sound I want to get from that one...

George
bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:58:10 PM »

Not different gauge strings, I use light strings on all of them.  That said, I will change brand and materials depending on the size and tonal qualities of a guitar.  It just depends on what sound I want to get from that one...

+1   Same here....   although on smaller guitars the scale length becomes a factor....   
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 01:08:52 PM »

Smaller guitars, no.  Differing scale lengths, yes.

Ed
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 01:14:18 PM »

Yeah different gauges and different brands. Mediums on my OOO but mostly light D'Addario EXPs or Elixir nanos. I've got a box full of various strings, however. Acoustic and electric guitar, baritone, mandolin, nylon etc. Probably thirty or so sets plus a spare set in every case. A neighborhood music store went out of business a few years back and during their GOOB sale, I picked up a lot at half price or less including a bunch of odd things from the "dollar a set" box. Things like Cleartones, Jack Daniels by Peavy, Wyres, Dean Markley among other various and sundry electric sets. I'm set for quite a while.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: