advantages of the deluxe case versus the standard flattop

Started by awarsoca, March 22, 2016, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Other than the nice blue velvet and the archtop, is there any advantage to the archtop versus the flattop case?
Thanks
Clint
_______
2014 OM-09
2015 D-02
2022 LSV Forum VI

I would guess the dome makes it more difficult to cave in (stronger)....  imagine someone walking on the top of each------  Please remove guitar from case first...   :humour:

You can throw the arched top case over a cliff and - when you finally get to the bottom and open it - you'll discover a guitar still intact and in tune - sit down and play a spell.

The flat top case - you might as well light it on fire before you throw it over the cliff - because by the time it gets to the bottom all you'll have left is kindling wood anyway.

(Of course I'm being silly...both cases offer great protection - as bob said, the arched-top one may provide a little more protection for the top of your guitar...

...a little more: IOW, the arched top case goes to 11...

:roll
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: awarsoca on March 22, 2016, 12:32:47 PM
Other than the nice blue velvet and the archtop, is there any advantage to the archtop versus the flattop case?
Thanks
Advantage depends on your intended usage. Whats yours? For example if you travel a lot and its likely the case will be handled by a stranger then neither are any good. If you only occasionally transport your case and no one but you touches it then the flattop case would likely be adequate. Should you frequently transport and still never touched by anyone but yourself then the arch top should suffice. The greater the chance of it being toted by someone other than yourself the greater insurance I would seek all the way up to a Calton.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 22, 2016, 02:28:17 PM
You can throw the arched top case over a cliff and - when you finally get to the bottom and open it - you'll discover a guitar still intact and in tune - sit down and play a spell.

The flat top case - you might as well light it on fire before you throw it over the cliff - because by the time it gets to the bottom all you'll have left is kindling wood anyway.

(Of course I'm being silly...both cases offer great protection - as bob said, the arched-top one may provide a little more protection for the top of your guitar...

Post of the day!   :laughin:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 22, 2016, 02:28:17 PM

This made my day, thanks so much.

And apologies for not having this in the right section, I wasn't sure
Clint
_______
2014 OM-09
2015 D-02
2022 LSV Forum VI

Flat tops are stackable, if you have multiple guitars, or they'll stand together neater.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on March 22, 2016, 11:30:10 PM
Flat tops are stackable, if you have multiple guitars, or they'll stand together neater.

:+1:   good point....

When comparing the Larrivee flat and arch cases, the arch cases have better padding and the wood is stronger.

My arch top cases stand next to each other just fine...  I'd never stack guitars regardless of the case shape.

Ed

well my D02 will have a nice new arch top home.  Picked up a very nice used case for it.  My son's Dean performer will fit nicely in my old flat top (c;
Now if I could just find a nearly new archtop for my OM... (c;
Clint
_______
2014 OM-09
2015 D-02
2022 LSV Forum VI