Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let It Be and other Beatles tribute shows  (Read 1119 times)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:46:04 AM »

A week ago, I attended the latest Beatles tribute band show "Let it Be".  I have also attended 3 performances of "Rain" over the last several years.  I believe the Let it Be show is an evolution of the former Rain tribute band show.  I'm pretty sure the performer who represents John is the same person in both shows.  Anyways, the shows are quite similar except the new one includes more tunes that were released by the individual Beatles after they split.

I have really enjoyed all of them.  What I liked the most is that they use the same equipment, amps, and instruments that the Beatles used at any given time in the history they are emulating.  And they change the equipment as appropriate while the show progresses through the evolution of their music.  So the sound they create is very close to what we all heard on any recording or what we might have heard if they were performing live for us today.

I'm wondering if any of you have seen any of these productions, and what your impressions of them are.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

bobw
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 01:01:10 PM »

Never heard of it...  what part of the country do you live in????

Where do they tour???

Bob
JamesN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:42:54 AM »

I saw the original Beatlemania (tagline: not the Beatles... but an incredible simulation  ) on Broadway and again in Boston in the late 70s. The show in Boston featured Mitch Weissman as Paul, who bears an uncanny physical resemblance but less of a musical one.

I've seen Rain twice, the second time with Paul Curatolo as Paul, who has Paul down absolutely cold, including playing left handed (except when he switches to guitar). Curatolo's dad, Joey, also performs as Paul in Rain.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the shows.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 05:52:10 AM »

Never heard of it...  what part of the country do you live in????

Where do they tour???

Bob

What part of which country?  I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, which to me is THE Country.

The show is called "Let it Be".  It's 4 guys pretending to be the Beatles, plus another guy who plays keyboards/synthesizer as required to create the appropriate horn, violin, and orchestral sounds.  I understand they have toured the US recently, including NYC, and have had rave reviews.  They are back in your country for most of April and beyond.  They are very good and I highly recommend the show if you can get to one.  http://www.letitbelive.com/

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: