Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byrne and Eno  (Read 998 times)
skyline

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2016, 06:36:53 PM »

two interesting clips

Eno and Byrne on collaboration

David Byrne - on resisting technology
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »

I certainly agree with Byrne on his stance about the drawbacks to pure digital recording technology.  His comments both toward independence of tempo and making sure you create recordings that sound good on anything are absolutely what I was taught early on.  Tempo can be all about meaningful expression and is not necessarily about keeping the beat, something my band friends have a problem with...  When I learned how to record with digital equipment I found out that it won't necessarily sound good on every device.  Most listeners do not have studio quality reproduction equipment.  Hence I stay away from computer recording and record on independent analog to digital equipment with very high dynamic definition, range and resolution.  Now if I was just any good at playing it would certainly be something!

George
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:11:02 PM »

I have My Life in a Bush of Ghosts. Pretty good stuff as is most of Eno's work. Before and After Science, Here Come the Warm Jets, Another Green World are all great. I liked him In Roxy Music, as well. I have to say that after Talking Heads, whom I loved, Byrne hasn't done a lot that I'd listen to more than once or twice.    
skyline

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 02:39:28 AM »

Rei Momo was really good (major Brazilian influence) and "Love This Giant' is very much a logical extension of the "Talking Head Byrne" with the very interesting addition of St. Vincent.
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 05:18:36 AM »

Apollo Atmospheres and Soundscapes is in my 10 favorite albums of all time:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ltUho8xj0

Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois and Roger Eno

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »

Apollo Atmospheres and Soundscapes is in my 10 favorite albums of all time:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ltUho8xj0

Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois and Roger Eno

The ambient stuff is cool but not for everybody. Very intelligent elevator music? Lanois can be very good in his own right. I absolutely love "Acadie". 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: