Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Electric Line  (Read 1735 times)
hag99

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2016, 01:18:58 PM »

Has anybody played the new electric line (Baker-T, Malibu, Santa Monica).  There's not much info out there on them, but I am considering a tele-style guitar and enjoyed the RS4 I used to own.  I didn't find the flatter radius comfortable though; do these electrics feature the same radius as other Larrivees?  I can't find a detailed specs sheet and I guess the website is not updated.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »

I don't know about these new versions - I owned a Bakersfield from the last generation (mine was made in around 2011, I believe). It had a big neck, with 1 3/4" nut. I don't remember the fingerboard radius, but it wasn't as flat as the RS-4 or acoustics - from what I can remember... I LOVED the neck, btw...

But excellent guitar, very well made, top notch woods (of course) and electronics and hardware - Larrivee went upscale all the way on these.

I don't know if they've started making these new ones yet...I'd love to try the "Tele-Gib" model (since I'm not a straight "Tele" guy).

It would be great if Matthew or John Jr. could chime in and let us know if these are starting to be built, and if so, which dealers have ordered them... wish I could help you more!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 03:12:30 PM »

In a recent query to Larrivee, I was clearly informed that all electric guitar production has been suspended indefinitely.  I own three Larrivee electric models and they are very fine guitars, but the acoustic production at the factory is so far in back order they have had to make some tough decisions...

I see a few Larrivee electrics for sale on the various sites, and a few are still brand new....  A few can be had for quite a bit less than MSRP too...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:27:07 PM »

In a recent query to Larrivee, I was clearly informed that all electric guitar production has been suspended indefinitely.  I own three Larrivee electric models and they are very fine guitars, but the acoustic production at the factory is so far in back order they have had to make some tough decisions...

I see a few Larrivee electrics for sale on the various sites, and a few are still brand new....  A few can be had for quite a bit less than MSRP too...

So ... is it time for me to move to Oxnard to start building on the electric line...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »

So ... is it time for me to move to Oxnard to start building on the electric line...

Sounds like they need at least both of us, probably Andrew and some others as well...

George
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:52:03 AM »

There's a good reason for everything.
Those of us who one or two "newer" ones, or eighties ones enjoy them, and are very fond of playing them.
The family keeps their cards close, and rightly so.
 They have more bills to pay than I do.....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 09:34:07 PM »

Those of us who own one or two "newer" ones, or eighties ones enjoy them, and are very fond of playing them.

+1

Can't argue with that!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: