Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Generation III Humbucker pIckups  (Read 2396 times)
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2016, 02:56:13 PM »

Does anyone know how to go about purchasing a set of Larrivee Generation III humbucker pickups direct from Larrivee?  I would also like to acquire the volume and tone controls and capacitors Matt uses as well.

George
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »

Have you tried contacting them direct?

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 09:54:00 PM »

No Andrew, I am not even sure they will sell them separately and they are so busy these days.  I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone knows...

George
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 01:40:25 AM »

No Andrew, I am not even sure they will sell them separately and they are so busy these days.  I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone knows...
I think Mikeymac & Headsup got them direct - hopefully one will chime in to refute or confirm

eg. this thread and this one here

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 05:13:45 AM »

Yes...I was able to purchase a set of Matt's humbuckers direct - but that's been about 3 years ago - don't know if they've changed that policy (they might want you to order through a dealer these days, although I don't believe they have any prices for separate pickups and other parts on their website - yet).

Mike happen to be open coils - cream bobbins, no metal covers, but typically they come with the covers. Can't remember what I paid for them.

These are the ones...

(In the second pic, all three guitars have Larrivee pups in them!)

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 06:12:35 PM »

BTW, I'll be listing the above set in the For Sale section here in a little while - if you're interested...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 12:49:13 AM »

To piggyback on this post, I have an extra set of "new" takeoff Larrivee humbucker covers that I'd like to sell.  Apparently they were installed on a new guitar and then swapped for gold-colored covers. 

They are custom for Larrivee and double-dipped in nickel as opposed to standard covers.  I bought two sets and only need one.

2000 C-09E (Fishman Matrix + AKG Soundhole Mic through Raven Labs PMB-1 Blender)
2005 C-30E Nylon (LR Baggs Element Pickup)
2011 RS-4 Spalted Maple #4 of 6 (Larrivee Gen3 Humbuckers)
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 03:05:40 PM »

To piggyback on this post, I have an extra set of "new" takeoff Larrivee humbucker covers that I'd like to sell.  Apparently they were installed on a new guitar and then swapped for gold-colored covers. 

They are custom for Larrivee and double-dipped in nickel as opposed to standard covers.  I bought two sets and only need one.

I will keep that in mind.  My new to me Forum V is supposed to have some tarnish on the covers.  If it won't polish out I might replace them.  Are they soldered to the base?

George
Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »

Sounds good, let me know.

Yes, they were soldered to the base, so there is a small amount of solder residue on the inside only.  You'll need to solder these new ones to the pickups.

2000 C-09E (Fishman Matrix + AKG Soundhole Mic through Raven Labs PMB-1 Blender)
2005 C-30E Nylon (LR Baggs Element Pickup)
2011 RS-4 Spalted Maple #4 of 6 (Larrivee Gen3 Humbuckers)
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »

Sounds good, let me know.

Yes, they were soldered to the base, so there is a small amount of solder residue on the inside only.  You'll need to solder these new ones to the pickups.

That would be standard procedure.  Thanks, I will keep them in mind in case they are needed...

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: