Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Finishes  (Read 5536 times)
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 03:34:41 PM »

This is a close up of the finish! The owner simply says he has the gloss finish refinished and now the matte/shellac allows the sound to flow out much better. I didn't consider asking him why he gets it refinished so really thanks for the important pointer! First time trying to get a Larrivee (first time trying to get a high-end guitar anway haha) so I really need much input!

Exercise caution. I'm guessing it needed refinished. What other abuse has it been through?

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2017, 03:38:03 PM »

Looks like a good job from that picture. Shellac is a very easy finish to repair. So it may be a good deal.

You say this is an 09, but it looks like mahogany, which makes it an 05. The 09's are usually made from rosewood.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
leo.vu

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 02:33:43 AM »

The guitar is in excellent condition all thing considered. There is one ding that's nearly invisible and another mark up the neck which I think is justifiable since it's a 1998 model. From the series number it's definitely a rosewood b/s 09 though. Really besides the finishes I'm really happy with the guitar appearance. And it's okay if I return after checking it out for a few days so my main concern is really only about the finishes' durability since I never hear about a shellac finish before haha. Thank yall for the info!
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 02:36:56 AM »

The guitar is in excellent condition all thing considered. There is one ding that's nearly invisible and another mark up the neck which I think is justifiable since it's a 1998 model. From the series number it's definitely a rosewood b/s 09 though. Really besides the finishes I'm really happy with the guitar appearance. And it's okay if I return after checking it out for a few days so my main concern is really only about the finishes' durability since I never hear about a shellac finish before haha. Thank yall for the info!
Please post more pics. The one you put up is not  rosewood.

I just got it. That must be a pic of the top.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
leo.vu

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 02:53:57 AM »

Yes it is 
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 02:56:39 AM »

Yes it is 
You are a tricky one. That top looks fine, a nice patina.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: