RIP Major Tom

Started by Walkerman, January 11, 2016, 08:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Bowie dies from lung cancer at age of 69.

The music world has lost another great one to the worst fate ever...
George

Quote from: Walkerman on January 11, 2016, 08:17:02 AM
David Bowie dies from lung cancer at age of 69.
Very sad. A true genius! Under-rated as absurd as that may sound to some. Seem to be conflicting reports as to the type of cancer he had, as some reporting Liver Cancer in Canada. Regardless sad to hear!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Always been a fan, especially of his early work. Saw him live in the mid 70s at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. It was shortly after he dropped his Ziggy persona and the whole glam rock thing. I remember he wore a smart looking suit and I remember him singing Young Americans even though neither the album nor single were out yet.

Anyone else seen him in concert?

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 11, 2016, 02:44:25 PMUnder-rated as absurd as that may sound to some.

Many people are starting to realize how much his music meant to them. Whether they discovered it as he released it to the world or later, through their parents, or films, or . . .

Voices raised in song at Art Gallery of Ontario

Quote from: JamesN on January 11, 2016, 05:48:29 PMI remember him singing Young Americans even though neither the album nor single were out yet.

I'd almost forgotten that recording artists used to do that . . .

Quote from: JamesN on January 11, 2016, 05:48:29 PMAnyone else seen him in concert?

'78 with Adrian Belew playing guitar . . .

Adrian Belew - transition from Zappa to Bowie