Anyone had a chance to try out the new Alto Trouper?

Started by fitness1, September 16, 2015, 07:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been quite impressed with the Alto speakers I've owned (TS112 and SX112 passives)
and saw this new product that is only 23 lbs and uses 3 6.5's and a horn in a biamped cabinet
with some mixing capabilities and Bluetooth (which I'd never use).

Just curious if anyone has experienced it.  Looks pretty cool, like a pair of them might do REALLY
well in a solo acoustic setting.  I'd need a separate mixer for my condensors, but it would be quite lightweight and portable.

http://www.amazon.com/Alto-Professional-Trouper-Compact-High-Performance/dp/B00SKUZQXI
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

I think it is the same manufacture as offerings by Kustom and Powerwerks, badged by whatever company is selling them. Not a bad thing either.
I have a Kustom 50 Watt PA 50. One less speaker, same back layout, no Bluetooth. It is a nice rig. Sounds good. The one you are looking at offers much more power.

Quote from: cc407 on September 16, 2015, 11:43:21 AM
I think it is the same manufacture as offerings by Kustom and Powerwerks, badged by whatever company is selling them. Not a bad thing either.
I have a Kustom 50 Watt PA 50. One less speaker, same back layout, no Bluetooth. It is a nice rig. Sounds good. The one you are looking at offers much more power.

Not sure about that - the PA50 and Powerworks have smaller drivers (4.5") , right? It's also a trapezoidal cabinet with a lot more power and biamp.  I think Alto does all their own stuff.
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

Sure enough, I missed the drivers...and took another look at the back - similar but not the same

Well - I'll post my thoughts - just bought one with an Alto ZMX862 mixer.  We'll see....
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

Received this today and have had about an hour to play around with it - initial reaction is extremely positive.  Plenty of volume, warmth and clarity.   I'm running two Blue Encore 300's into the Alto ZMX862 mixer and then into the Trouper.   One of these would be enough to cover for most solo acoustic gigs, two of them would give you plenty of "headroom".

There may be a second on the way soon :thumb

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

I ended up buying a second one of these, and I should have been more patient - there are a couple of Ebay Alto authorized dealers that are selling them new at 150 shipped right now!   300 bucks for a pair of these and add a small unpowered mixer and you have an extremely nice setup for a solo or duo.

Just FYI..... :thumb

This is the dealer I got mine from - and one of those selling them on the cheap....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alto-Trouper-Compact-200-Watt-DJ-Audio-PA-System-w-3-Channel-Mixer-Bluetooth-/251975929080?hash=item3aaaef8cf8:g:gGQAAOSwNSxVZ07g
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka

My first thought was "Bluetooth - seriously?" but then I remember all the times I've played through very sad "house systems".

Now I'm curious - how does Bluetooth stand up to a live situation?

Are they susceptible to how many people nearest to the front have their phones set to receive on vibrate?

Quote from: skyline on December 17, 2015, 03:33:57 PM
My first thought was "Bluetooth - seriously?" but then I remember all the times I've played through very sad "house systems".

Now I'm curious - how does Bluetooth stand up to a live situation?

Is is susceptible to how many people nearest to the front have their phones set to receive on vibrate?

I can't answer that, but Alto Professional has a Facebook page where they seem very quick to respond - might want to ask those in the know.

I'm far from a techie..... :guitar
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka