Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum IV #27 of 29  (Read 1825 times)
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »

I'm starting to get the guitars out of their cases again after not playing for too long. 

My wife passed away in August and things are very different now, with the holiday season having more emotion than ever.

Life goes on, and it's time to resume playing.

Play it daily for best results.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »

My wife passed away in August and things are very different now, with the holiday season having more emotion than ever.

Life goes on, and it's time to resume playing.

So sorry to hear of your loss, lost my brother and main playing partner in November - haven't picked up a guitar in months!!

Luvly Forum IV tho 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »

Makes my heart heavy. Hope you have a relationship with someone to get through the days.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
Something is wrong,,,have you noticed?
JamesN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:20:20 AM »

So very sorry to read this. May music bring you peace and solace, prof_stack. And you too Andrew.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:44:37 AM »

Grace to you both. Don't know what else to say, so sorry for you both.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 12:52:56 AM »

Truly sorry to read of your losses.  May you both find comfort in the memories they've left you and strength in the thoughts of knowing they'd want you to live on.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:02 AM »

I would like to share a little about this last year.  My best friend lost his wife to cancer last fall. She was also a close friend as well for over forty years. I knew them both when they were single and we were all taking courses in the same small college.
    Through the decades we remained in touch even though we moved far from each other. She was a very gentle southern lady  and he loved her dearly.
     After she passed away I  spent as much time as I could with him and talked on the phone. Many times he would fall apart and I felt so inadequate in my ability to comfort him.
      I know he felt like giving up and caving in to depression. But about two months ago he just rose up and began to be involved with others in a very positive way.  I  know  he will still get the blues and always miss her, but he has chosen to live in a fuller way now and it's so good to see my friend living again.

I guess I'm just  saying  I hope the same for y'all. Live, laugh if you can and play your guitars.
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 04:22:44 AM »

Thanks SO much guys.  I didn't realize how much I missed this place. 

Today I met with two former students to jam for a couple of hours.  We met in Dave's school, where he is a custodian.  No kids today, so we had the cafeteria to ourselves.

Funny thing:  When I taught these guys, I had the beard, not them!     Dave's 80's era Taylor 810 was an awesome sounding guitar.  I played the 1974 LoPrinzi LR20.  Jeremy played his 1966 D-18. 

I brought the Forum IV guitar.  The guys loved the sound coming out of this little monster box.  Here is Jeremy playing it:

Yes, playing the guitar is good therapy.  But my fingertips need to toughen up!!

Play it daily for best results.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 05:53:27 AM »

Although I can't identify with how it must feel to loose the love of your life, I think you are on the right path if you can get together with those close to you and play some music as you have done.  Seems to me there are two ways you could go.  One way is to mope and dwell on the past, the other way is to accept reality and move forward.  I think you made the right choice since I detect a smile on your face in the picture you posted.

Most sincerely, Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

WileE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »

I have nothing adequate to add.  I feel for both of you and wish you the best.

Larrivee 00-40R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: