Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haiduk - Demonicon [metal]  (Read 3149 times)
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »

If he broke a forum rule by advertising his album and including a link to it, then the admins. could have and should have stopped it, but they didn't.  

Just for general information purposes:    On May 24, one day after the original post, I sent a PM  to Haiduk.    I informed him that it appeared as though he had not read the forum rules and as a result he had posted a thread where the only obvious purpose was to promote and sell his music.    I offered to apologize if I was mistaken in this perception but i would need to see some evidence to the contrary.  He responded that he intended to be a regular contributor to the forum.    I decided to give him a few days to demonstrate his willingness to read and abide by the rules.   As of today I have seen no evidence that would make me think this is anything more than self-promotion.   I don't care about the merits of the music itself.   But the post clearly violates the letter and spirit of our rules.  So I have removed the links to the site where you can buy his music.    Members are still free to contact him for information if they are interested in hearing or purchasing his music.

T
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 05:45:27 AM »

I didn't mean to cause discord amongst members.  It just kind of snowballed and I felt I had to make my point.  Sorry about that.

Kurt

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 05:17:36 AM »

Don't get me wrong, while I personally disapprove of fooling around with demonic images and all, I'm on Zappa's side not Tipper Gore's. I still mostly just find it silly and childish. 

Agree with you - and just for clarification, I didn't and don't care about the merits of his music (including the "spiritual" or "demonic" elements) - I just thought it was inappropriate to promote himself here if it had nothing to do with Larrivee (maybe he used Larrivee picks? but he never mentioned them, either...).

Oh well, onward and upward...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 06:38:35 AM »

Agree with you - and just for clarification, I didn't and don't care about the merits of his music (including the "spiritual" or "demonic" elements) - I just thought it was inappropriate to promote himself here if it had nothing to do with Larrivee (maybe he used Larrivee picks? but he never mentioned them, either...).

Oh well, onward and upward...

Yes. Onward and upward.  Moving on is a good thing to do.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: