Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florence  (Read 256 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2018, 02:52:28 PM »

If anyone cares to know where I live there are plenty of maps on TV now. Just look at center of Florence's cone! My 5 Larrivee's, 2 Nationals, Weber mando, Hofner bass and rest getting out of my wood frame house and going to partners brick house basement.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 03:35:46 PM »

Well, I hope you get through it ok, and don't lose power or internet, so you can post us up a video!
Take care.
Mike
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 05:56:19 PM »

It may to late to get but you need 2 weeks of water,a gallon for each family member,2 weeks of canned goods or dry goodsr.Put toilet paper,under ware,important papers and some pants and shirts in water tight plastic bags.Don't expect help from the gov.,the National Guard is your friend.Some simple medical supplies,if you take meds get them refilled NOW.If your in a house you'l want to make the bathroom a safe room.You'll need a sheet of one inch playwood for cover put a mattress on top and pillows in the tub.Good luck my friend and take care.A hurrican Andrew survivour.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 06:05:24 PM »

Yea I got most of that covered. I've lost count long ago of how many we've had here including direct hits. Bertha, Fran, Floyd plus bunches more. But this one sounding like it will likely be the worst hit if it indeed hits here. I'll be at partners brick house, down in basement if needed. And yes her house is up on bluff not prone to flooding. I'm just hoping my house doesn't get messed up. Thanks!

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 07:13:23 PM »

Another thing get all the cars fulled up with gas and charge al cell phone's.Again take care comsmic wave's going out to you and yours and my wfe is doing the pray thing for all.I have a sister who live's about four hours west of Raleih NC.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:38:26 PM »

Hope everyone gets through it alright. What a storm! Makes me think winter may not be that bad after all.   
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »

It is stressful. I just hope the aftermath is bearable. I'm getting a lil old! After Bertha and Fran hit back to back in 96 I spent months cleaning up. Thanks.

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 01:09:25 AM »

Another thing get all the cars fulled up with gas and charge al cell phone's.Again take care comsmic wave's going out to you and yours and my wfe is doing the pray thing for all.I have a sister who live's about four hours west of Raleih NC.
Could get a lot of rain in western part of state as it gets squeezed by the mountains. Good luck to her as well.

Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »

Best of luck to you! Our recent straight line wind event here in Michigan seems minor in comparison to a Force 5 hurricane. We were without power for 3+ days and never lost sight of the fact that some folks very often have it much worse. You've added merit to the old adage that "it's good to have friends in high places".

Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 12:30:54 PM »

I'm ok but our area took the worst hit. Swansboro NC. Roofs off, surge flooding almost got friend in New Bern. She was stuck as water came up to her 2nd story apt and luckily she had keys for neighbors 3rd story. Gotta run. Had to drive to certain spot to get internet. Otherwise cellular sys pretty much doing texts only. Later...matt

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »

Glad to hear your ok,sort of.Be safe,watch for snake's.How are the guitars?If they need a safe place and you can get them to me I'd be honoured to take care of them,if they need work again I'd be honoured to take care of them.Please be safe.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »

Yes the guitars are fine along with my friends 1931 Gibson banjo and a couple centuries-old fiddle. Those two alone are worth tens of thousands. They are all over in my music partners bomb shelter of the a basement. Still no internet at home, only sketchy on phone. Yea we got blasted pretty good this time. A member or 2 I think are just down the road in Wilmongton. No picnic there either.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »

Glad you and the kids made it thru.Any help I can be let me know,right now just cozmic good thoughts going out to all.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Paraclete

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 06:35:19 AM »

Hang in there!  Glad to hear that you and your instruments are still intact!  Keep us posted! 

2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 04:55:02 PM »

Yes. Glad you’re safe.
And yes; watch for snakes and esp. for fire ants.
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 09:40:02 AM »

Thanks for the update and I'm sure many are following yours and other's plight. Hope things get back to at least semi normal sooner than not.

Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: