Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon or sprint?  (Read 90 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »

We have Verizon but can save money with sprint.  Any opinions.  We are not unhappy with Verizon, it is just expensive.
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »

I had Sprint for almost 20 years from the very beginning of cell phones.  A few years ago their coverage got so bad in the eBay Area I left for Verizon.   I get a corporate discount and my company pays for my plan but I pay for my wife.  VZW still has the best coverage, but Sprint has gotten better from what I hear.  But if you want to save some $$ you should check out Boost or Virgin.  My adult daughter had Sprint and just left for Boost.  Same service as Sprint, but only $35 per month for unlimited everything.
She has noticed no difference between Sprint and Boost coverage and data speed.

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:53:32 AM »

How about t mobile
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:01:52 AM »

I had similar experiences as 247Hoopsfan and have tried several different carriers over the years, and we just have had the best service all around with Verizon so we just stick it out...  I think it depends a lot on where you are and where you go that somewhat determines who will provide the best service for You.  I have learned not to trust any of them's coverage maps, most are way too optimistic.

George
Paraclete

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:43:12 AM »

Definitely depends on your area and what your needs are.  Verizon has the best coverage into remote rural parts in my area.  I’m all over the county (and we are hilly here) because of my job, so reliable coverage is important.  However, if you don’t stray much outside a particular area and coverage is reasonable with other carriers, you can probably save money with other carriers.  Might be worth posting to a local forum (such as community Facebook groups) to get an idea of what’s best.

2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin
Riverbend

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:25:41 PM »

Quite a few variables involved as others have mentioned. I had Sprint for years but their coverage where I live now was horrible, so when someone came over with a Verizon phone, and they had a great signal, we switched. This was several years ago, and nowadays Verizon decided they didn't need a tower in our rural area and that once great signal is now a very poor and unreliable one. $400 dollars later and a booster antennae, we now have a fair signal, and no other options. Have friends with different providers come visit to admire your beautiful Larrivee guitars and see what kind of signal they have at your house. Try before you buy. 

Larrivee LV-03RE
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Gibson Nouveau NV-12
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: