Forum V #7 picture

Started by mike in lytle, December 06, 2015, 02:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well, here it is. It is shown with the L-05, because the two guitars are so similar to play and they kind of look alike.
I hope I did the picture thing right....
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Very beautiful guitars, these Forum V's. I always thought they needed cream pickup rings, though, to look proper. (Sorry - now you'll be wondering...).

For a small tube amp, lots of options - check the thread in this forum on amps - many suggestions.

:nice guitar:  x 2
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 06, 2015, 04:20:31 PM
Very beautiful guitars, these Forum V's. I always thought they needed cream pickup rings, though, to look proper. (Sorry - now you'll be wondering...).

For a small tube amp, lots of options - check the thread in this forum on amps - many suggestions.

:nice guitar:  x 2

I switched out the black P90 pickup covers on mine (Forum V #4) for cream ones.  I really like the change.  Here is a link to the thread: http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=48411.0

For a small tube amp. I suggest you audition a Fender SuperChamp X2.  I have the head version but it comes in a combo version with a 10" speaker as well.  The head version plugged into the matching 1X12 cab is a great sounding outfit.  I don't have the cab because I already have two excellent 1X12 cabs.  But I played that matched set several times in the store and I was really impressed.  I also have the older version of this amp., the SuperChamp XD which only came as a combo.  You might be able to find a used SuperChamp XD for a good price.  My Forum V sounds very good through either one of those amps.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Really glad you're enjoying the guitar, MIke.  Sounds like it has a good home!

Cheers,  Dana
Larrivee RS4 Forum V  (#7)
Larrivee custom L-03 ZW
G&L ASAT Special
Fender Stratocaster (Eric Clapton Signature model)

Hi Mike, Im glad to see you're  still using a soundhole pu. They are still a great option imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV32iBggJFk

The headstock on that electric looks  :drool:
2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric

Quote from: abalone at last on January 16, 2016, 06:55:26 PM
Hi Mike, Im glad to see you're  still using a soundhole pu. They are still a great option imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV32iBggJFk

The headstock on that electric looks  :drool:

I didn't notice the soundhole pickup till you pointed it out.  I'm a big fan of those Seymour Duncan "acoustic tube" pickups.  I bought one back in 1985 when they hadn't been on the market for very  long.  I've used it many many times.  A couple of years ago, I bought a second one from Stewmac, thinking they might not be around much longer.  Sure enough, they haven't appeared in the last 2 catalogs.  To me, very natural sounding and quite resistant to feedback.

By the way, nice playing abalone.   :guitar

Quote from: mike in lytle on January 16, 2016, 09:18:58 PM
Ditto on the nice playing....
Mr. Star, the reason I got the pup was from your recommendation here in the group. It is a good pickup, it sounds really nice thru the JC-120 with chorus and some reverb, which is how I play the guitar a lot in the living room (high ceilings, big sound, wife likes it a lot).

Happy to be of service.  It's gratifying when you discover that sometimes people are actually putting faith in what you have to say.  :blush:

Another thing I like about those pickups is how easy they are to switch between guitars.  Great to have one around when someone you want to jam or gig with doesn't have an acoustic guitar with a pickup in it.