Cheapest Montery EVER

Started by headsup, November 09, 2015, 07:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This could be related to the severe weather conditions recently.

Was there severe weather in Missouri? I guess I thought all the bad weather was in the southeastern US... the guitar was shipped from Massachusetts.

But thanks for trying to lift my spirits, Danny! It might arrive in the next hour or two ... I'm hoping they just dropped the ball in tracking it after MO. Also hope the truck wasn't hijacked in Ferguson, MO...  :winkin:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

At one point there were thunderstorms from South Texas to Canada and tornados in at least four states.
     My wife just flew back from Kentucky and I  was real happy she didn't get stuck in an airport.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 18, 2015, 11:43:45 AM
I'm hoping they just dropped the ball in tracking it after MO. Also hope the truck wasn't hijacked in Ferguson, MO...  :winkin:
Or worse yet; dropped the  :nice guitar:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Well, sorry to rag and waste airwaves here ... mail came again today; no guitar. Something is definitely wrong.

I just filed a request with USPS online to see if they can figure out what happened.

Okay, deep breath, back to work...

:crying:

We've all been at the mercy of the shipper - keep us posted!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 18, 2015, 12:58:02 PM
We've all been at the mercy of the shipper - keep us posted!!

New tracking info tonight...it's listed as "delayed," but it also finally showed up in Omaha at 3:05 this afternoon. So I should have it in my hot little hands tomorrow - mail comes between 12 noon and 2:00 pm most days...stay tuned...

Sounds like a super agonizing wait...  fingers crossed it does not get lost...
George

It finally arrived... let's see: 2-Day Priority mail takes from Nov. 13 to Nov. 19th? I think the seller should get a refund on his shipping fees from USPS...

The guitar is in good shape other than the issues mentioned by the seller, AND a couple others. When I plugged it in, it was apparent (as the seller revealed) that the wiring wasn't working correctly: intermittent sound from the bridge pickup. I removed the back cover (which was missing one of the four screws...) and touched caps and wiring and got the bridge pickup to work, but it's still touchy. (The neck pickup works, and sounds excellent.)

So rather than do it myself (which I've done for years), because my time is tight and my patience is tighter, I'm taking it to my tech today to have him completely rewire it (using the pots that are there if they're okay - they're the original pots.

The only other thing it needs it to take off some sharp fret ends and adjust the truss rod and bridge a little. Later I may cut a new nut for it and widen the string spacing a little - since there's some room to do that.

But otherwise, nice guitar - the blue has a turquoise kind of sheen to it - very dark, but definitely has some of that in it, not a straight blue. But it didn't buy it primarily for the color; I knew it would be a quality guitar fora great price, and it is. A few tweaks and it will be great.

Also, there was a nice strap in the box and about 10 sets of guitar strings - Dunlops - not a brand I use, but I'll try them, and if I'm not crazy about them, I can use them for stocking stuffers with my son - he can pass them along to his band buddies if he doesn't want them.

Pics when I get it back - I'll start a new thread...

Oh, what the heck...

:gotpics:

Why YES...

Once it's tweaked you will have a fine guitar, for a fraction of it's true value. I don't play electric but if a deal like that came along I'd jump on it. I do have a decent amp, but it's only been used a few times thru the years.

Quote from: dependan on November 19, 2015, 01:58:41 PM

Once it's tweaked you will have a fine guitar, for a fraction of it's true value.

:+1:

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee

Looks like she is in pretty mint condition from the pics.  What a great find.  Love the Blue!   :nice guitar: :thumb :nana_guitar
George

:drool:

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 19, 2015, 06:42:33 PM
:drool:

That's the most beautiful blue my eyes have ever seen.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on November 20, 2015, 05:45:06 PM
That's the most beautiful blue my eyes have ever seen.

The color in the last picture in the middle of the body comes closest to the actual color. It's a real chameleon ... looks black, then dark blue, then sort of aqua blue... crazy! But love it.

Just picked it up today from the local tech - had him go through the wiring - he said the wiring was done properly, but it was pretty messy (hence the short on the bridge pup). Sounds excellent - played it through an awesome amp, but I'll talk about that in a new thread. Love this guitar; now I just need to tweak the action a little (lower it a bit). And I'd forgotten how light and comfortable these are compared to a Les Paul...

...Jean - you got it all right on this one! Make these again.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 24, 2015, 06:03:28 PM
And I'd forgotten how light and comfortable these are compared to a Les Paul...

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!  :thumb :nana_guitar
George

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 24, 2015, 06:03:28 PM

And I'll go ahead and say it - even better than a PRS Singlecut. So there!  :tongue:

These threads make me wanna go lectric
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on November 24, 2015, 08:57:54 PM
These threads make me wanna go lectric

Don't fight that inner voice...

:bgrin: