Cheapest Montery EVER

Started by headsup, November 09, 2015, 07:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Yeah, great price except it's left handed.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Had to look up what a Montery was  :wacko: Still have difficulty keeping the names other than RS... straight
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

By the time I got there, the auction had ended - argh! I would have purchased it immediately!!!  :drool:

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

It's been relisted.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 10, 2015, 07:17:46 AM
By the time I got there, the auction had ended - argh! I would have purchased it immediately!!!  :drool:

Did you get it? I see it sold now.
Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on November 11, 2015, 09:19:02 AM

Did you get it? I see it sold now.

:+1:

Yep. I got it. Thanks, Kevin, for the "headsup" (pun intended, of course!). Glad to be the owner of an RS-4 again!

I just couldn't pass it up for that price.

And BTW, this is one of the FEW times I've been the person who got a great deal on something like this - I guess it was my turn!

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 11, 2015, 10:19:04 AM
:+1:

Yep. I got it. Thanks, Kevin, for the "headsup" (pun intended, of course!). Glad to be the owner of an RS-4 again!

I just couldn't pass it up for that price.

And BTW, this is one of the FEW times I've been the person who got a great deal on something like this - I guess it was my turn!
Congrats Mike. Look forward to hearing of your reacquaintance

:nice guitar:  Killer Deal!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 11, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

Congrats Mike. Look forward to hearing of your reacquaintance

:nice guitar:  Killer Deal!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Don't know yet which pickups it has in it, but I suspect Generation III, since many of these painted RS-4's were later models. Part of the adventure.

The seller said the reason for the low price is a small crack in the ebony headstock veneer. Larrivee offered to fix it for him under warranty; he didn't bother. I'll take a look at it - at this price it probably won't bother me. But if I decide the guitar deserves to be pristine, I may check with Larrivee and see what it would cost for the 2nd owner to get it repaired.

But I know this is going to be a  :nice guitar:

Congratulations, sometimes it pays to be a lefty.  Those electrics look like they wouldn't take conversion sitting down.
Roger

told ya so
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

The cheapest RS-4 ever just got cheaper...

After the sale, the seller contacted me and said he forgot to mention that he had done some de/resoldering of the controls (to switch it over to "vintage wiring"), replacing the original capacitors (the ones Larrivee uses are top notch). Also, he said his soldering skills aren't the best, but everything works. Still has the original pickups and pots.

So he offered to knock some $$ off and or throw in some packs of strings (and he was already throwing in a leather strap). I'm already getting a great deal on this, so I didn't want to get too greedy, so I asked him to knock off $50 and throw in whatever strings, etc., he wants to get rid of.

So now my price is only $600 - unbelievable for a guitar of this quality! Thanks, brother! (He's a forum member here...)

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 11, 2015, 01:10:21 PM
Thanks!

Don't know yet which pickups it has in it, but I suspect Generation III, since many of these painted RS-4's were later models. Part of the adventure.

My guess too would be Gen III as well due to color and the Kluson tuners. Sure looks purrdy

What a deal,  you know we are gonna need pics.

Mikey you are the Luckiest Dude Ever!  Great find!
George

Quote from: dependan on November 12, 2015, 04:32:58 PM
What a deal,  you know we are gonna need pics.

Here's some the previous owner had posted here when he first got it. This was a custom color he asked Matthew for - so it might be a one off. He called it "Candy Blue" in a previous thread:

:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee

(I'll be sure to take a few when it arrives!)

Seller said he shipped it two day priority ... so it should be here Monday! I'm stoked - yes - Christmas is coming a little early (with this guitar and upcoming new granddaughter!).

:arrow

So much for USPS's 2 Day Priority promises...looks like (from the tracking) my new toy won't arrive until tomorrow...and, mail just came and I got two other packages instead! 

Sigh...  :mad:

Dang USPS! For almost 48 hours their tracking has said my guitar just left Hazelwood, MO (St. Louis area)! Crimony, I could have driven down there and got it by now (except for work, life, etc.)!

Two day Priority mail... riiiiight...