Christmas comes early to the Pug's house

Started by tuffythepug, October 19, 2015, 04:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There have been a couple of threads in the past about Larrivee Custom Shop orders and and also about the "sin" of covering up good wood with paint. :wink:
I hope to address both of those topics with this post.

First, Custom Shop orders can take quite a while to fill so you have to be patient.  But when you get exactly what you want it makes all the waiting worthwhile.
Last April I placed an order for my "dream machine".   It arrived last friday.      I will post my thoughts on tone and playability in a separate thread.  But I'll share some pics of the new addition here.  Specs are:  L-05 body with Italian Spruce top, African Mahogany (Khaya) back and sides, JCL logo headstock, flamed maple binding on top bottom and fretboard, and full Sunburst.
Most beautiful guitar I've actually held in my hands. 

I'll tease with a pic of the headstock first

:thumb  Nice headstock.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Big thanks to all the folks at Larrivee Guitars, especially Matthew, for the attention to detail in producing my dream machine

WOW... WOW... WOW....  she's magnificent....  I love burst and italian spruce....   enjoy....  BobW... :guitar

:nice guitar:   :+1:   :nice guitar:

And I love that headstock inlay, too....  did I say WOW  ????     :nice guitar:

Congratulations Lynn!  Larrivee Customs are always worth the wait!  This one is certainly no exception.  I love the burst finish all around, very Classy!.  I Love Your New Guitar!

Triple Wow...  :nice guitar:  :thumb  ENJOY!  has to be a GOTM...
George

Mighty fine there Pugster.  :thumb
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

That's one fine looking guitar,  the good folks at Larrivee really did a nice job on your dream guitar.

I think I know who may win GOTM soon :nice guitar:

:drool:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Congratulations!!  You're a lucky man Lynn!  It's so beautiful and I bet it sounds even better.
:+1:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

:nice guitar:  You can add my WOW to that as well.   :cheers
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

you lucky dog, no
pun intended.Very nice guitar .
dave

Beautiful guitar bro!!! I'm so happy that everything turned up perfect on your guitar build! BTW ... Tell everyone I'm sorry for not being active on our forum for a looooong time. I took a sabbatical and went kinda' off the grid for a little bit. It was a great experience LOL!!!! 

:cheers
"Guitars are meant to be played not dis-played."

Quote from: USNavySeniorChief on February 16, 2016, 08:04:03 PM
Beautiful guitar bro!!! I'm so happy that everything turned up perfect on your guitar build! BTW ... Tell everyone I'm sorry for not being active on our forum for a looooong time. I took a sabbatical and went kinda' off the grid for a little bit. It was a great experience LOL!!!! 

:cheers

Welcome back.  It was nice talking with you earlier today.  And thank you for your part in getting the ball rolling on the L-05  :cheers

That is absolutely gorgeous!  :nice guitar:   :donut :donut2 :coffee
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003