Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladder to X bracing  (Read 15097 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2016, 01:43:24 AM »

Made a truss rod cover from the Russian SKS headstock and just used the existing old checkered finish. Made a new bone nut and saddle trying to get the intonation right, which is fine now. But the A & D string buzz on the 7th fret. The neck was left unstrung for months and I think the neck has a slight hump to it. I'm thinking about the solution and have some ideas.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:29 AM »

Got the work bench set up and some of the tools and supplies out. Put on another bone nut and polished out some rough finish on the back.

No more buzz or any playing issues. I'm happy with my labors.

The reason this guitar remained unfinished since last January is because my wife left. It just leveled me, and I'm still not handling it well.

George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2016, 01:01:17 AM »

Same thing happened to me, but it was a little over 30 years ago.  Took time to get over.  Good to see you getting back up Danny....

George
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2016, 02:01:35 AM »

Danny,
I too am glad to hear that you're returning to your interests.  I'm really sad to hear that you're going through pain.  You've talked of your wife often enough that I feel particularly sad for you.  I wish you the best and lots of healing.

The guitar looks great.  I love following your projects.  Impressive how much you learn and put into them.  How much money do you think you put into these restorations?  Just curious.  You're in my thoughts and prayers, Danny.  I hope you know how much we care about you here.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2016, 02:14:59 AM »

Danny,
I too am glad to hear that you're returning to your interests.  I'm really sad to hear that you're going through pain.  You've talked of your wife often enough that I feel particularly sad for you.  I wish you the best and lots of healing.

The guitar looks great.  I love following your projects.  Impressive how much you learn and put into them.  How much money do you think you put into these restorations?  Just curious.  You're in my thoughts and prayers, Danny.  I hope you know how much we care about you here.
Your post lifts me up, thanks for that. 
I always look at what I spend for another special tool or some new finish etc. as part of the cost to learn, by experience. Like a trade,  where you are an apprentice. You have to buy the tools and you have to learn how to use them. 
      I have always learned more from my mistakes than successes. Except in marriage.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2016, 02:32:07 AM »

The reason this guitar remained unfinished since last January is because my wife left. It just leveled me, and I'm still not handling it well.

Wow, Danny. My heart ached when I read that; so sorry for you (and your wife). You're in my prayers as well. Don't know what else to say, except keep seeking and receiving the healing grace available to us all.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2016, 02:51:27 AM »

I didn't say anything for all this time because I knew it would be a discouraging thing for some here on the forum.
  But it seemed like the time to say a little.
 Thanks for the concern and thoughts, I hope this doesn't bum y'all out too much.  Life always finds a way.  I've started practicing more lately,  maybe I'll start playing better.
   May even play golf now and then.

L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2016, 08:03:36 AM »

Danny,  I had no idea you had these kind of troubles.  I don't know what to say except to move ahead at a pace that works for you, as opposed to dwelling on the past?

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »

Praying for redemption and reconciliation Danny.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: