seeking info on guitar

Started by Mazz, September 22, 2015, 02:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have an old larrivee electric would like info on model and when it was made please :).

It looks like an RS-1 from the 1980's?  Single volume control?  A member here has a Tele version of one of these I believe.  One of the Admin's might know.  You can also check out the Larrivee Electric Guitar Owners Facebook page, there are some Larrivee electric aficionados there.
George

Looks like a bolt on neck. I'm thinking RS-1. Here's my LT-1. Very cool guitar, by the way.  :thumb

Is your guitar a neck thru or a bolt on? That will signify either a R or a L. Neck thru is R a Bolt on would be L

Also do you see a serial # on it anywhere? Common place is either on back of headstock or on fretboard in the "dusty zone"
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Its says 4665 on back of headtock bolt on I think.

From that serial # I would guess it was built in late 1984 or 85 and is a LS-1

Bolt-on necks were made of a single piece of eastern maple.
Fingerboards are ebony.
Bodies are alder
The early ones also had EMG pickups. but later they acquired a pickup winding machine and produced their own pickups. So yours is right around that time,  once  the Larrivee pickup was available, it became the stock pickup, while the EMGs was a cost option. Therefore your pickup is likely an EMG or a Larrivee in house PUP

Hope this helps some
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on September 22, 2015, 05:26:17 PM
From that serial # I would guess it was built in late 1984 or 85 and is a LS-1

Bolt-on necks were made of a single piece of eastern maple.
Fingerboards are ebony.
Bodies are alder
The early ones also had EMG pickups. but later they acquired a pickup winding machine and produced their own pickups. So yours is right around that time,  once  the Larrivee pickup was available, it became the stock pickup, while the EMGs was a cost option. Therefore your pickup is likely an EMG or a Larrivee in house PUP

Hope this helps some

I kept trying to modify my original post to say it's likely an LS-1 but, for some reason, the site wouldn't let me. Either way, if it's anything like my little screamer, it's a fine electric guitar.