This is a story of a lovely lady

Started by unclrob, September 11, 2015, 10:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It started in 1975-76.I was playing in an R+B,Soul,Funk,Disco band.At the time I was playing a strat which never felt right on my body {I was much skinnier then and no I burnt the pix}.I have always prefered the Tele body BUT I needed that strat tone.So being a crazy guitar tech and wanting the lastest in electronic's I tracked down the latest and best.I got some EMG's I went with 2 Tele sets....well long part sort the has a tee neck PU and the middle and the bridge are both Tele pu's.Any way I always wanted to have a Bigsby on the guitar but wasn't a fan of the bridge I would need to use.A few years ago I found Vibro Mate and saw what they were doing but being a very poor tech I couldn't afford there product.So as its been slow in the shop I made my own and installed it today.Thought some one would want to see some pix.Plus my Lovely Lady is now aged and compleat...Almost...I still need to install a mimi toggle which will allow me to add two more tone's.I plan on putting the neck pu on an ON/OFF.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Unclrob, you are doing a great job, as usual on your project.  You've got a pretty versatile machine there.   What will you use to amp that beauty ?

Professional-looking job, Rob.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on September 11, 2015, 12:41:00 PM
Professional-looking job, Rob.

It better be its how a make part of my living.

Quote from: tuffythepug on September 11, 2015, 11:20:38 AM
Unclrob, you are doing a great job, as usual on your project.  You've got a pretty versatile machine there.   What will you use to amp that beauty ?

My ever present 1976 Fender Princeton Reverb and the tone has not changed by converting to the Bigsby from strings thru body.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help