yikes!

Started by headsup, August 31, 2015, 08:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Always interested in how the market moves around our favorite guitars.

Just watched a beautiful 2008 RS4 with Lollars not even get a bid with a starting price of $1,000.00.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I saw that too. Makes me consider taking up electrics.  :nice guitar:
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

There are so many cool guitars up for sale all over but no one seems to have the money or the buyer's are out there but they don't want to spend the money if they can steal are stupid low price's.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on August 31, 2015, 10:10:09 PM
There are so many cool guitars up for sale all over but no one seems to have the money or the buyer's are out there but they don't want to spend the money if they can steal are stupid low price's.

You're right on target, Rob.   :+1:

I'm not trying to fan any flames here, but facts are facts - we are in one of the worst economic times in recent memory... just look at the price of some foods, the (real) number of people who are out of work, the number who are finding new jobs at 1/2 to 2/3 what they were earning before, and you realize we don't have a lot of discretionary money floating around out there.

(My wife is a "career transition consultant" - that's fancy lingo for coaching people who have lost their jobs on resume writing and interview techniques so they can "make finding their next job their next job." She sees 90% of those who do find another job (somewhere from 3-18 months time) earning less than they were previously. 

What little discretionary *borrowing* is going on is being used to continue to drive (or lease) nicer cars than most people can really afford; but people never learn and keep overspending and over-borrowing, keeping many of them in unnecessary debt. 

Guitars? Yeah, some people are buying them, but not the number who used to, and not as many as they used to. I'm one of 'em.  :doh

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992