Larrivee RS-2

Started by one eye dog, August 08, 2015, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, my first post here so go easy on me ! :blush: I'm looking for a new guitar and I came across a used Larrivee RS-2 that is within my budget.. sadly it's too far away for me to actually try first so I am looking for opinions. I usually play a Fender Strat or G&L Asat Classic ( tele type) rhythm guitar in an Americana Rock band. I'm looking for something different and after dicovering G&L more likely to stay away from the mainstream builders and look for quality, hence I came across the Larrivee RS-2 . Cant find that much online about them.... like P90's that I have tried in Reverend guitars so I'm looking for your input.... any advice appreciated
cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxTf06mmU0s
www.oneeyedog.co.uk

john

John
welcome to our forum.  Please take a minute to review our forum rules, won't you ?

T

Welcome. You will be blown away by Larrivée electric guitars.

Quote from: tuffythepug on August 08, 2015, 10:39:44 AM
John
welcome to our forum.  Please take a minute to review our forum rules, won't you ?

T

sorry man  :laughin:

Thanks for the donuts and again welcome. Of course, the RS-2 is a different beast than a strat like guitar. I own an RS-4 and can say that it is, aside from a 1960 Gibson ES-330 that a friend owns, easily the best electric guitar I have ever played. I also own a very nice strat but at the end of the day, there is no comparison.  :donut :coffee :donut2

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 09, 2015, 10:21:41 AM
Thanks for the donuts and again welcome. Of course, the RS-2 is a different beast than a strat like guitar. I own an RS-4 and can say that it is, aside from a 1960 Gibson ES-330 that a friend owns, easily the best electric guitar I have ever played. I also own a very nice strat but at the end of the day, there is no comparison.  :donut :coffee :donut2

:+1:  I have never played an RS-2, but I have an RS-4 with P-90s and it is the best electric guitar I have ever encountered.  If you are a rhythm player that favors a single-coil sound with some bite, then I would not hesitate.  Sound aside, you will discover that the guitar is a joy to hold and play.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

this is the one that has my attention  :whistling:

I have both an RS2 and an RS4 with Larrivee Generation 3 P90 pickups.  An electric guitar does not get any Better Than This!  Love 'em more than any other brand...  Buy It!
George

or this option..

can anyone tell me if it is a matt/satin type of finish or are they glossy? same question of the neck. I played a St.Blues p90 yesterday and it had the nicest neck I'd ever come across!!

My RS2 is satin amber with a satin finished neck.  My RS4 is gloss Tobacco Sunburst and I cannot remember the neck finish off the top of my head.  They both play like butter...
George