Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee RS-2  (Read 2364 times)
one eye dog

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »

Hi, my first post here so go easy on me ! blush I'm looking for a new guitar and I came across a used Larrivee RS-2 that is within my budget.. sadly it's too far away for me to actually try first so I am looking for opinions. I usually play a Fender Strat or G&L Asat Classic ( tele type) rhythm guitar in an Americana Rock band. I'm looking for something different and after dicovering G&L more likely to stay away from the mainstream builders and look for quality, hence I came across the Larrivee RS-2 . Cant find that much online about them.... like P90's that I have tried in Reverend guitars so I'm looking for your input.... any advice appreciated
cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxTf06mmU0s
www.oneeyedog.co.uk

john
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:39:44 PM »

John
welcome to our forum.  Please take a minute to review our forum rules, won't you ?

T
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 04:10:10 PM »

Welcome. You will be blown away by Larrivée electric guitars.
one eye dog

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 08:43:50 PM »

John
welcome to our forum.  Please take a minute to review our forum rules, won't you ?

T

sorry man 
one eye dog

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »

Thanks for the donuts and again welcome. Of course, the RS-2 is a different beast than a strat like guitar. I own an RS-4 and can say that it is, aside from a 1960 Gibson ES-330 that a friend owns, easily the best electric guitar I have ever played. I also own a very nice strat but at the end of the day, there is no comparison. 
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 07:06:59 AM »

Thanks for the donuts and again welcome. Of course, the RS-2 is a different beast than a strat like guitar. I own an RS-4 and can say that it is, aside from a 1960 Gibson ES-330 that a friend owns, easily the best electric guitar I have ever played. I also own a very nice strat but at the end of the day, there is no comparison. 

+1  I have never played an RS-2, but I have an RS-4 with P-90s and it is the best electric guitar I have ever encountered.  If you are a rhythm player that favors a single-coil sound with some bite, then I would not hesitate.  Sound aside, you will discover that the guitar is a joy to hold and play.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

one eye dog

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 08:24:05 AM »

this is the one that has my attention  whistling
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »

this is the one that has my attention  whistling

Oh yeah! 
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »

I have both an RS2 and an RS4 with Larrivee Generation 3 P90 pickups.  An electric guitar does not get any Better Than This!  Love 'em more than any other brand...  Buy It!

George
one eye dog

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »

or this option..

can anyone tell me if it is a matt/satin type of finish or are they glossy? same question of the neck. I played a St.Blues p90 yesterday and it had the nicest neck I'd ever come across!!

George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »

My RS2 is satin amber with a satin finished neck.  My RS4 is gloss Tobacco Sunburst and I cannot remember the neck finish off the top of my head.  They both play like butter...

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: