#100,000 Larrivee

Started by Randy_R, February 11, 2005, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So when will Larrivee guitar #100,000 be sold?

Will there be a special hoopla?

Will anybody actually know because of the way Larrivee numbers their guitars?

I hereby announce my intent to place an ORDER for #100,000.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

so what model would you prefer?

OK buster put em up I'll fight you for it.{Said in my best cowardly lion voice} :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I suspect that number 100,000 should be a guitar that represents Larrivee tradition and continuity going forward. What it is should be decided by Jean, whose life work it will represent.

It appears we're farther from 100,000 than I thought. Perhaps as much as 2 years. But then again, some of the custom luthiers have 2 year waiting lists for their instruments.

I wasn't sure because of the mystery numbering system exactly where production is? I thought there might be some overlap of serial numbers. For instance, I have a D-lite serial number 1085 which is obviously not a 1970's production guitar. My most recent factory production guitar is 76827 (koa parlor).

Does anyone have a guitar serial number above 80,000 yet?

Randy R., Georgia, USA

ML can explain better, but some of the lower end guitars received their own serial numbers for a while, including the Lite and 03 models.  I don't know when (if?) they stopped that.

E. Shoaf

QuoteDoes anyone have a guitar serial number above 80,000 yet?
Nope.

I started # 78800 on friday. It's still a month or two away.

Matthew

QuoteML can explain better, but some of the lower end guitars received their own serial numbers for a while, including the Lite and 03 models.  I don't know when (if?) they stopped that.

E. Shoaf
Yup.

Originally the 03 was going to be a VERY limited run and we gave it its own serial numbers. Then... it grew.

So, the gap between #30000 and #40000 is actually around 15000 :> if that makes sense.

Everything from here on out will be serial numbered sequencially. Even the Mandos.

Matthew

That means that serial #100,000 won't be the same as the 100,000th guitar built by Larrivee unless there is some manipulating done of the serial numbers as we get closer to that point in time. It would be great if  the two could come together at that juncture.

I was asked what I would like/expect to see for the 100,000th guitar. I think that the L series most represents Larrivee tradition, as far as steel string guitars go. And the L series is still popular today (or appears to be to me).

So. I would envision a custom L guitar, possibly brazilian rosewood, with a custom headstock, and perhaps a custom fretboard inlay. How fancy, could be debated endlessly. Martin certainly made a big show out of their 1,000,000th guitar.

Should 100,000 be a guitar that sits in a glass case, or should it be a guitar that actually gets played out? I expect we'll all anxiously wait to see what transpires and Jean ultimately decides. There will certainly be publicity around the event, and that publicity could go many directions.

There should be a commercially available series with at least some of the features or inlay available on #100,000. Similar to what was done with the 30th Anniversary series.

And we expect donuts in Oxnard when #100,000 makes its debut.

The countdown has started.

Randy R., Georgia, USA

QuoteThat means that serial #100,000 won't be the same as the 100,000th guitar built by Larrivee unless there is some manipulating done of the serial numbers as we get closer to that point in time. It would be great if  the two could come together at that juncture.
We tooks steps to ensure this 5 years ago. In order to make everything in our computer system work, the separately numbered -03's were give the serial numbers 90001-9xxxx. To everyone one else in the world though, it was just afour digit number.

This way #100000 is truly #100000.

Matthew

My 1975 Larrivée has no SN. How does that figure into it? Maybe I'll just etch #1 inside somewhere. ;)

... or make that 000001.  

Not really being in the running to probably be lucky enough to own it, I'd vote for living vociferously and ask that maybe some more of the life cycle pictures be taken. I thought the ones made for the forum guitars really added a nice touch to them, as we were able to watch them go through the build/assembly process. they really were able to bring the guitars to life, much more than the finish product did by themselves.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

QuoteMy 1975 Larrivée has no SN. How does that figure into it? Maybe I'll just etch #1 inside somewhere. ;)

... or make that 000001.
Me too. The 1974 L-09 and 1975 Ls-09 I have don't have a serial number.

In the big scheme of things, probably within the margin of error... :)  
Randy R., Georgia, USA

So. I would envision a custom L guitar, possibly brazilian rosewood, with a custom headstock, and perhaps a custom fretboard inlay. How fancy, could be debated endlessly. Martin certainly made a big show out of their 1,000,000th guitar.

Not that I or any of us have any right to even suggest what it should be, However  :P , I would like to think it would be a classical.  
"Sometimes you wear stretchy pants, in your room...  Is for fun..."  Nacho

Randy - Okay. How about you number yours 000001 and 000003 and I'll number mine 000002.  ;)  

QuoteRandy - Okay. How about you number yours 000001 and 000003 and I'll number mine 000002.  ;)
According to the newspapers, Peter Yarrow had number 1 steel string guitar. (the one lost by the airlines and recently discovered on ebay - I can't believe that ebay seller won't go to jail!).

I would expect that the classical guitars made prior to that time but following Jean's apprenticeship to Monch should count too. I have no idea how many guitars were made during this period, probably less than 1 week's current production.

I was thinking about ordering 22,000 Forum guitars so I could be assured of having number 100,000, but I forgot to get my order in yesterday and I'll have to find an alternate scheme. ;)
Randy R., Georgia, USA

No Way! Yarrow's is 000004. He doesn't like it? He can Puff the magic dragon! He couldn't have cared THAT much for it or he wouldn't have let it out of his sight.
As for the nylons? They were just practice. ;)