the Koamon's 00-03 Venetian Cutaway Limited

Started by dlsteel, May 31, 2015, 04:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

that guitar was a challenge to build. both Jean and myself went round & round before we got it right (he still was not 100% happy with it). JCL finely had to draw it out on paper, the shape, so i could copy what he wanted in wood.
As i recall it was kinda a challenge from a fellow guitar maker friend to make it. we don't make that guitar. i think we only did 3 total, never to revisit it again. sweet ax

Dan, was the PV equally as difficult to build?  I have never seen many of these either.
George

NO, THE PV works well with the bending irons we have, it's not so much the bend. it's getting it in the right place without encroaching on the rosette and still looking "right"

I am so glad that you and Jean arouse to the challenge to build it! I am a happy camper every time I pick it up to play! :nana_guitar
Larrivee LC-10 Koa
Larrivee DV-10 Koa
Composite Acoustics Cargo
UnclRob's Parts Telecaster

Great thread! The cutaway does look a bit different than others. How cool to know that Jean took interest in this fine lil guitar.

Cutaway is a tad different than my OOV-03, mine seems to be cut deeper and the soundhole is larger, I think.

Wish Larrivee would offer a OOV as a regular model, I'd love to have a cutaway gloss spruce top. . .

:nice guitar:
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Not quite straight on shot, but mine looked more like Koamon's.  It was one of the LA Guitar Sales limited run.

Yes eded, mine is a LA Guitar Sales limited run as well, out of Vancouver, B.C.
Since it's a keeper, I polished it to a semi-gloss put on a Martin style OM pick guard and had UncRob install a LR Baggs I-beam and a bone saddle.
They are definitely great guitars. Since you and I have accounted for two of thhem, I wonder who has the third one?... :?
Larrivee LC-10 Koa
Larrivee DV-10 Koa
Composite Acoustics Cargo
UnclRob's Parts Telecaster

This guitar and a maple parlour of his might go up for sale you can PM me so he can keep piece in his home.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I like the look of these...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Both were traded for a CA,I don't remember the modal but nice short scale guitar.He came by for me to adjust the nut slots.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help