Have new Gotoh 510 tuner installed

Started by xtrame, May 18, 2015, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally,I've bought a set of Gotoh 510 tuners and had them installed on my OM-03r,due to its gorgeous look. :nanadance
Notice that it comes with H.A.P-M.It can lock the string,and has adjustable height.

However,perhaps the height goes beyond it limitation it shooted out,I was scared seriously. :ohmy:

Anyway,I am impressed... :roll

IMHO,it will looks even better if installing the "L5" model which comes with bigger buttons.

I have not tried the HAP models.  I use the Trad Magnum lock that has a thumbwheel on the bottom like most standard locking tuners.  For the Larrivee headstock thickness you have to order them with the Extra Long posts, but they fit perfectly (they are not adjustable and do not come apart).  Here is the part number I ordered through Josh Gemmel at JaParts... Gotoh SGL510Z-L5-XG MG-T L3+R3 (Ex-Long posts)  and these are antique gold colored.

They also have a new Luxury model out that is not yet available for purchase, they will not be available in a locking version, but the standard set is a drop in replacement for the Larrivee Ping tuners.  Check out the pic.  part number for this one will be SGL510Z-A20XL-GG as pictured.

George

Those look sharp!!! Nicely done!
Treenewt

I know this photo is not from a larrivee, but it does illustrate the Gotoh 510 Magnum Trad locking design and how it would look...
George

I guess I'm just a nitwit, but what's the point? The post adjusts? For what?
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on May 18, 2015, 10:22:07 AM
I guess I'm just a nitwit, but what's the point? The post adjusts? For what?
It's said that if you lower the height,the angle increases which results in a higer string tension producing a fuller sound,and vice versa.
But for me,It is just for fun.  :bgrin:

Quote from: georbro3 on May 18, 2015, 09:48:17 AM
I have not tried the HAP models.  I use the Trad Magnum lock that has a thumbwheel on the bottom like most standard locking tuners.  For the Larrivee headstock thickness you have to order them with the Extra Long posts, but they fit perfectly (they are not adjustable and do not come apart).  Here is the part number I ordered through Josh Gemmel at JaParts... Gotoh SGL510Z-L5-XG MG-T L3+R3 (Ex-Long posts)  and these are antique gold colored.

They also have a new Luxury model out that is not yet available for purchase, they will not be available in a locking version, but the standard set is a drop in replacement for the Larrivee Ping tuners.  Check out the pic.  part number for this one will be SGL510Z-A20XL-GG as pictured.

I get it.
It work well and the angle seem right. Mine is SGL510Z-S5-H.A.P-M-CK

I think that the Luxury model is not suitable for the simple but elegant appearance of 03 series.

xtreme, what exactly do you mean by this?  "I believe that the Luxury model doesn't harmonize with the conciseness of Larrivee."  just askin'....
George

Sorry! :ohmy:
I've modified that post and it should make sense,IMO.

As I am not a native English speaker,my vocabulary is extremely poor so I often refer to the dictionary to make communication more efficient.
Unfortunately,I don't even know the words dug up from the dictionary hardly can be seen in daily life.
People around me know little about Larrivee,and I feel better there. :bgrin:

So if I was considered to be the disturbing one,just ignore me,and I'll enjoy my guitar all alone.

I do apologize!

No offense taken, but You need to bring donuts...
George

:bgrin:  Those donuts are serious fat pills.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

xtreme, your post now makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the luscious donuts!
George

Wow! Those would have looked great on the L-09 Madagascar I use to own!
Dave
'12 L-03RW Italian Spruce (Wildwood)

I received an email from Josh Gemmel at JaParts today stating that they are now available, And On Sale until August 31st.  Check them out on the main page of the JaParts.ca website...
George