Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blues/Rock Ideas in G - tutorial  (Read 839 times)
maplebaby

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »

This video may help an intermediate guitarist with some ideas for playing up the neck in the Key of G using 'anchor' notes to guide.  Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dLTGN3Fkc
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:25:57 PM »

Thx. Good stuff. May I add that if someone looks at this and thinks. "well that just for electric" Don't!
To me the double stops are great for acoustic. So hope you don't mind Maple if I throw in what this made me think of....

Double stops. Great for acoustic.They add more beef to an acoustic which may get drowned out otherwise. Or if you just have someone who plays "so so" rhythm you can keep it fuller and more rhythmic while taking break.

Also, if you start getting these double stops down remember that you are 2/3's of the way to making a chord. Dig around and find another note that fits in. And another after that if it pleases. You can find cool chords like that and ones that will have you in firing position to hit the riffs.

Double stops great for Majory stuff too. Country, folk, whatever. Can get mandolin type feel or again, just more beef. Basically start by learning scales in 3rds. (for more see 3rds and beyond thread)

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:32:41 AM »

As always, great tutorial.  I've learned lots from your tutorials.  Keep them coming.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 10:56:45 AM »

thanks gentlemen for giving this a listen and i appreciate the kind posts!

flatlander - what a great informative post - thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: